Home Forums Fishing Bowfishing How many bowfisherman do we have?

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: TysonT

Weird my dad and all my family are from Titonka, i Grew up in Buffalo Center. I would really like to know where you go up there too?

I know you can get some out of the creeks in that area- I used to catch carp and catfish out of the ones near my house in german valley 2 miles north of Tike. If I have room, I might bring my bow and walk some ditches when I get up there next time (A lot of my family still lives up there by Buffalo Center).
    My Grandpa told me that he used to catch northerns in his minnow traps on one of those creeks in the early spring- I’d love to catch a northern out of there.
    Jonathan Ostermann

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Great post Ryan!

Great information!

Lots of bowfishermen, now if we could just get some of you all to come to a tournament to see how much fun it actually is!

Especially when Ryan gets his butt kicked!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Participant

Quote by: bowfisher

Great post Ryan!

Especially when Ryan gets his butt kicked!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Come get some. LOL 😀 Its gonna be a great year!!!

Participant

#23 Been bowfishing for 4 years now. Got my 15 year old son into it also. It’s about as addictive as ice fishing. Can anyone give up a few ideas where to go in north central iowa. I am in Algona. Thanks todd h.

Participant

# 24, Scott – Ankeny

Hey bowfisher…whats the story with the tourney up here @ Saylorville this year? Is our 2 guy and 1 girl team going to have to dominate again? 😀 Better get your happy bottom up here! 🙂 Cant wait for the lakes to meltdown! Going to TRY and get out on the river this weekend….depends what the temps get up to, I dont really enjoy ice forming in my bottle! 😉

Coot

P.S (unoffical state grassy 😈 😈 😈 lol)

Participant

#25 Been doing it a few years. Shot my first tournament in 2001 at Red Rock.

Participant

Wish I could get a pic of my grassy on here 42lbs shot on a privet lake.

Participant

Those are nice fish. I think the state record is 56lbs give or take a few.

Participant

Scott, are you go below sayerville in the river? Remember later year all the carp swiming in groups of 1000’s, 😯 that was cool.

If you are your a luckey dog 😀
    Austin

Participant

#26. Started last year with a crossbow. Didn’t do too well at first with a standard fishing arrow. I finally cut one down to crossbow size and fitted it with the sliding ring. Shoots good now. :mrgreen:

Participant

Them AMS ring sets are prity nice, I cant seem to find them anywere, I got alot of new arrows this year I needed to set up but I cant find them anywere, so I use the reg. safty slide, they work just as well.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Quote by: stebrichs

#23 Been bowfishing for 4 years now. Got my 15 year old son into it also. It’s about as addictive as ice fishing. Can anyone give up a few ideas where to go in north central iowa. I am in Algona. Thanks todd h.

Spirit Lake, Clear Lake clear water lots of BIG carp!

The Bowfishing Association of Iowa Record carp came from Spirit @ 41lbs if I remember correctly without looking it up.

Hey Scott! Glad to see your still kickin, cant wait for the ice to melt either! Spring bowfishing is the best!

Participant

#27 Started last summer at Coralville Res and Macbride.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.