Home Forums Fishing Bowfishing How many bowfisherman do we have?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Weird my dad and all my family are from Titonka, i Grew up in Buffalo Center. I would really like to know where you go up there too?

Participant

Jesse, if you want to jump in my boat somtime let me know I go almost every weekend in the spring, summer. I’m going to the banquet so if someone from the norwalk or des moines area want’s to ride together let eachother know

Participant

Hey Pat I am from Osky. I have seen your boat around somewhere. I have a 16 foot deep v. I would like to look at your rig sometime to get some ideas for mine later

Participant

Done it a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. Haven’t done it since then mainly because I think it would be more enjoyable out of a boat, which I don’t currently have. In the process of looking though. If I can get on the water I’d probably do it every weekend during the spring and summer and would certainly try a few tournaments as well.

Rooster

goodygoody
    Participant

#18? (ran out of fingers a few posts ago!)

Did it a lot more when I was a kid, but still get out and do it during spring floods. You could say I am a shore-bound flood based carp shooter I guess 🙂

goody

Eric Goodale

Born to fish, forced to work.

WapelloMarkWapelloMark
    Participant

Hey Pat I am from Osky. I have seen your boat around somewhere. I have a 16 foot deep v. I would like to look at your rig sometime to get some ideas for mine later

this was from an excursion with bowfisher last summer…

Participant

#19 Ankeny, This will be my 3rd year, Goosehunter took me out my first time and I’ve been going ever since. I never shot a fish my first year, but last year I did a lot better, I usually go to either below Saylorville, Hendrickson Marsh, or the river that flows into hendrickson. This spring I’m gonna try and make a spear as well. I know you can buy them but whats the fun in that?!? 😀

Participant

Do you have to buy tickets in advance for the banquet or not?

Participant

I didnt know there was much bowfishing going on in Iowa till I spoke to you guys!

ihuntducksalot72ihuntducksalot72
    Participant

#19 Durant Iowa

Just started last year, love it. Now that the majority of my hunting is over I’ve been wasting away my time on the bowfishing forums just twitching in anticipation for the spring.

I got 3 of my friends hooked too, and my Dad rehooked.

We’re setting up our boat over the winter and may try a tourney or two next year. Can’t wait for the carp/gar spawn!!!! 😈

Participant

#20 Mostly on the iowa river between belmond and kanawha.

nater3nater3
    Participant

Thinking about setting up my wife’s bow that never get’s shot for bowfishing this spring. Does anyone know if the boone river is a decent place to bowfish? Somebody recommended the spillway at brushy, so I might give that a try too.
    Nate

MyDogCarlMyDogCarl
    Participant

#21 DSM. I just started last year using my son’s youth bow… I’ll have my own set-up this year!

Participant

Quote by: sw+chunker

Do you have to buy tickets in advance for the banquet or not?

There are no tickets need. Just 15 bucks per plate if you wanna eat 😀

Participant

#22 Cedar Rapids and Surrounding areas

tried to post picture but it keeps giving me an error msg like 5 times in a row any help guys?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.