How is the pheasant hunting going?2018-11-21T12:15:10-05:00

Home Forums Hunting Upland Game How is the pheasant hunting going?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

How is anyone doing this fall? The farmers here in Tama and Benton Co. have said they saw pretty good numbers while harvesting. We have snow on the ground here just wondering how folks were doing. Also anyone doing any quail hunting in southern Iowa?

Remember, there is always, always, ALWAYS something to feel blessed about!

Participant

It started off pretty allow for me, I had terrible luck with knocking birds down and having them run off. Changed ammo and have been having for luck since.  Bird numbers are better than I expected with the wet spring we had but not as good as the last few seasons.

Participant

Harvesting really this year turned out a good, decent harvest. Snow is useful for the land. As for pheasant hunting, I’m not going to tell you exactly .. I didn’t see people there.

Participant

Haven’t hunted in a long time myself, but I’ve seen more pheasants in ditches and fields near gravel roads this year than I have in some time.  Just yesterday I was taking a drive to check out some ponds and lakes and get outside, and ran into a couple different groups.  First was two roosters.  The second consisted of about 6-8 pheasants, couldn’t see all of them well due to brush, but looked like mostly roosters there too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!