Home Forums Miscellaneous Iowa Outdoors Cookbook — Recipes How German Are You?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

There are 2 kinds of Wurst grilling here. Name them?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Bockwurst and Knockwurst

Participant
    Up
    Down

Hello: Goodwurst and Gooderwurst !!! Good Luck. O – R

NomadNomad
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Kochwurst & Weisswurst

Participant
    Participant
    Up
    Down

It has to be a trick question as it is all bratwurst with some being the long version and others being the short version. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Shouldn’t there be some sauerkraut as well for it to be truly German?! 😀

Participant
    Up
    Down

My Dad grew up in Amana, and this is my favorite time of the year. The Bockwurst from the Amana Meat Shop is THE BEST.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Sweet Jesus a bed of kraut or mashed taters and brown gravy sound amazing. And of course a liter of a good maibock

Participant
    Up
    Down

1/4 German and now looking for buns and Senf 😀

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: CRIASterling

My Dad grew up in Amana, and this is my favorite time of the year. The Bockwurst from the Amana Meat Shop is THE BEST.

I’m originally from a few miles away from main Amana. The meat shop is hard to beat. Used to buy a ton of their jerky. Millstream is a nice stop as well 😉

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have to go to you butcher. I haven’t found Weißwurst since I was in Bavaria. Traditionally, it was served boiled with a spicy mustard and Pretzel, and a big Hefeweizen, it was my post breakfast, pre-lunch, lunch. In Germany, if you eat the casing on the Weißwurst, it was faux pas, you had to squeeze the meat out of it, which I found odd, but the locals gave me weird looks when I cut it up with a fork and knife and dunked it in mustard. Nice looking sausages!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: speng5

Quote by: CRIASterling

I’m originally from a few miles away from main Amana. The meat shop is hard to beat. Used to buy a ton of their jerky. Millstream is a nice stop as well 😉

Off topic, but the last time we stopped at Millstream they gave my kids samples of their root beer. My younger daughter who was probably 5 at the time took one sip and immediately told the bartender he forgot to put ice cream in hers. :mrgreen:

I could go for some brats and kraut for sure. Those look great.

Up
    Down

My Oma and Opa lived near Parkersburg Iowa, My kids love Sego soup and Rusk. So I suppose I am a little german. Brats and bear is all I thought about in that pic. haha

Participant
    Up
    Down

I am only able to tell by taste. Where am I headed? I will bring the kraut and beer!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Wallyman

I have to go to you butcher. I haven’t found Wei�wurst since I was in Bavaria. Traditionally, it was served boiled with a spicy mustard and Pretzel, and a big Hefeweizen, it was my post breakfast, pre-lunch, lunch. In Germany, if you eat the casing on the Wei�wurst, it was faux pas, you had to squeeze the meat out of it, which I found odd, but the locals gave me weird looks when I cut it up with a fork and knife and dunked it in mustard. Nice looking sausages!

Participant
    Participant
    Participant
    Participant
    Up
    Down

my favorite

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: LenH

my favorite

What is this? Looks tasty!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.