Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting How far

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

1 mile, 3 miles, 20 miles, just depends on how I feel. 😀

alan_50501alan_50501
    Participant

It all depends how much ground I wanna cover….once in awhile I’ll make a trip to des moines and hunt with a member of the site….and it’s a GREAT TIME

Fort dodge

Participant

Quote by: twdenney

It is a crappy deal that so many have to drive so far to find good hunting. I bet if someone really put worth the some effort you could find some place closer albeit there will be some harsh NO’s spoken but if you persist I bet you can find it. I had a friend go through the big “D” and moved to city to be with his kids. He called and complained of this situation. I went with him and showed him all the opportunities that he has to hunt, trap, and fish. He did realize what was around just was out of his comfort zone. I bet if you ask and make some relationships you can find something. Always keep your ears open from friends of friends, coworkers. Anything is worth following up on even if it ends in NO. My motto on asking for anything is I have been told NO before uncomfortable or not. I walk out back or front door to hunt all game in IOWA. I filled my tag less than half mile from back door on Friday afternoon after finishing work about noon ate sandwich at home and went for it.

I actually agree with this^^ 😆

Im a whiny, salty, entitled millenial brat and somehow I have 3 farms I can be on within 20 miles of home and a couple a tad further out. Miles on boots and a smile on the face, and you never know what might happen.

BigDud1983BigDud1983
    Participant

Depends which property I want to hunt amd on wind directions. Closest from my home is the Desoto property(from urbandale where i live to the land is toughly 20 mins) Farthest isy brothers in Osceola abt 45 mins. Other 3 properties are all in Indianola, so in shlrt 45 mins 1 way is my longest.

Dustin

BigDud1983BigDud1983
    Participant

Depends which property I want to hunt and on wind directions. Closest from my home is the Desoto property(from urbandale where i live to the land is roughly 20 mins) Farthest is my brothers in Osceola abt 45 mins. Other 3 properties are all in Indianola, so in short 45 mins 1 way is my longest.

Dustin

Participant

0 miles out my back door

2 other spots 1 is 9 miles & 2nd is 17m one way in which I shot my late muzzy 8ptr tonight

Participant

I walk about 300 feet to my tower blind from my house. Don’t have tons of deer here but there are a few.

Participant

I live on my hunting property. If I ever moved and had hunting ground away from my home, I’d try to keep it within 30 minutes if possible. Before I bought the place I’m on now, the farthest I had to go was right in that 30 minute range.

Participant

I’m an hour and 20 minutes one way.

Participant

45 miles, It isn’t a bad drive, long enough for the boys to get a nap in before or after a hunt.

Participant

Quote by: Eyesky68

I can hear the siren from my town while sitting in my favorite tree 😉

this…..

Participant

Doe only – 2 miles, city hunt
    Any deer – 7, 13, 44 miles

Participant

1 to 25 miles. My blind is 25 miles where I hunt most of the time but have an area outside of town I look at if i feel like walking and hunting.

Participant

For general deer hunting I prefer no more than roughly a 30-40 minute drive. If it gets over that then it becomes a weekend-only site and it is not feasible to go before or after work during the week. The only spots I might drive farther for are to hunt big bucks or to get exclusive access to private property.

Participant

80 miles and 36 miles for me

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.