Home Forums Fishing Walleye Fishing High Rivers for walleye

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just wondering what some of you do when the water is high this time of year? Feeder streams? Backwater areas? What type of presentation works?

Participant

Look for a place where the creek enters the rivers and fish the break in the current. Walleyes should be sitting there waiting for food

Participant

I love the river high. Tons of trees that make breaks, jettys out of no where, sand bars 5 foot down trolling cranks towards evening. the list is endless

Participant

We’ve been doing very well on the eyes at a stream entrance, but the river has risen quite a bit in the last few days. Were fishin the DM River near Emmetsburg, and we seem to only get fish right around dark. My question would be, where would they be before they move up? In the main channel?

Participant

It’s hard saying. I would guess that they are probably in the general area still, but just aren’t biting till the light level gets low. Although I caught ten on Sunday in the middle of the day so I don’t know what the deal was there. But I’d still keep hitting the streams entering the river and see what happens.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.