Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Have you caught

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

a fish that has a lure already attached to it?

I was fishing today and reeled my line in and noticed that I had snagged a piece of fishing line. I grabbed the line and started pulling it in and discovered it had about a 15″ Bass attached to one end. It had swallowed a Texas rigged plastic worm and had about 15 feet of line attached to it that it had been dragging around.

Fortunately I was able to get the hook out of him and set him free.

Participant

Went to fly inn 10-15 yrs ago….30 plus people….rented the WHOLE deal. Good buddy and I are catching lots of walleye I got big one on stringer so far and for rest of day. Mid afternoon I go to put another on stringer and big one is not there..I say ” hey *censored* what the hell did you let my big one go or what” he denies everything. The end of the day we are heading back to camp and on the way come by some other real good friends just chilling and drinking some adult beverages. We pull in and indulge and one of them says check out this walleye I caught that has part of a stringer in his mouth…..now that is an AGRESSIVE walleye!

Participant

I had a small mouth break my line at Merrit reservoir. I walked back to the camp tied another jig on and went back to the lake. Half hour later caught the same fish that broke me off earlier. Had two other hooks in it’s mouth along with my jig!

Participant

Many moons ago I helped a old part-time guide clean fish. One day I was cleaning a bass, about 3#ish. In the hut I found a small lure. An old-school Lazy Ike fly size if I remember right.

Participant

Fishing with parents as a kid, had several crappie on a stringer. Mom catches a fish and pulls it in, its the whole mess of crappie on the stringer. Dad says darn, you were way to close to the boat, caught the fish we already had, throws it back in.

It had not been attached to the boat….

Participant

I caught a trout at twin bridges once with a treble hook in its back 👿 .

oldstylelightoldstylelight
    Participant

In the BWCA one June and I noticed a bass jump out of the water up shallow on a bed probably. I could see a colorful lure on him in the clear water. I cant remember what we caught it on, a twister tail or a leach, but we sure relieved some stress on that fish when we unhooked the 6 inch floating rapala from his face.

On coralville reservoir one day, both of my buddies in the boat had on a catfish at the same time. Upon getting in the boat, it had each of their hooks in its mouth. One fish bit both baits within that short time period of seeing a bite and setting the hook. ( it was a windy day and slack line probably played a part in that)

Participant

caught a northern jigging walleyes one time. had the exact same jig in the other corner of its mouth. had a mono knot on it. now i will never go away from braid

Participant

Caught a bass at Aqhuabi a couple of years ago on a plastic worm. Hauled him in and removed the hook only to find another, massive plastic worm in its throat. What a pig! I did it a favor and removed that worm too. Luckily no hook attached, so he either stole it from another fisherman or picked up a lost one floating around.

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

Not a lure, but on multiple occasions I have caught bass with a short line coming out of their mouth. Pretty sure it is from crappie/bluegill fishermen who fish with live bait and cut the line because the bass swallowed the hook too deep to safely remove without killing them.

Also I have caught a couple northerns with hooks in various stages of decomposition in their stomachs.

Participant

Quote by: oldstylelight

In the BWCA one June and I noticed a bass jump out of the water up shallow on a bed probably. I could see a colorful lure on him in the clear water. I cant remember what we caught it on, a twister tail or a leach, but we sure relieved some stress on that fish when we unhooked the 6 inch floating rapala from his face.

On coralville reservoir one day, both of my buddies in the boat had on a catfish at the same time. Upon getting in the boat, it had each of their hooks in its mouth. One fish bit both baits within that short time period of seeing a bite and setting the hook. ( it was a windy day and slack line probably played a part in that)

I was up in quetico near a small rapid running into the lake. I looked over the side of the canoe and noticed a green color out of place on the bottom. I dropped a twister tail over the gunnel and boom caught a hammer handle with a firetiger Rapala attached. I still have it.

Another time we were out camping by the lake. Beer may have been consumed that night. We had our poles lodged into a picnic table and were ENJOYING the night by the fire. We would check our poles every few minutes. One time both rods were doubled over. My buddy got his in and my pole was pulling backwards. We both had the same bullhead. We called it a night after that one.

Participant

Once when I was about 12 or 13 maybe I was trout fishing at Backbone. I was up on the high rock bank by the handicap platform just off the road. I pitched a Mepps spinner and dragged it throught he hole and hooked a trout. Well, I didn’t really think it out because the rocks were steep and I had no net or way down there, so I tried to give him the old Kevin Van Dam sling shot all the way up the bank. About halfway up he hit the rocks and the line broke.

Later that day after lunch I came back to that hole and that trout was sitting on the bottom of that same pool, I could see the shiny spinner blade in the corner of its mouth. On a whim this time I climbed down the rocks and threw a jig behind him. Bounced it right across his face and he took it, got him in and landed and got my spinner back :mrgreen:

Participant

Last year on Silver lake I was with a buddy trolling bottom bouncers and spinners. I remember complaining to him that I wish I had a lighter bottom bouncer (i was using a 1 oz) so I could long line a little further back. Half hour later I hook a fish and when I get closer to the boat I suddenly see a 2nd bottom bouncer. My spinner snagged a 1/2 oz bottom bouncer and attached to that was a spinner and about a 3 pound pike.
    So I got my wish of being able to long line and may have saved that pikes life as it was looking alittle on the thin side. I think he’s been dragging that bottom bouncer around for awhile.

Participant

I’ve caught a perch with a tiny 3 hook snell hanging out of it butt. They must have been size 10 hooks, 2 were hanging out, one was still inside. I’ve caught a bass with a hook hanging out it’s butt and maybe 2′ of line attached. A white bass with a jig in it’s mouth and about 50′ of line trailing behind it.

Participant

I had a small mouth break my line at Merrit reservoir. I walked back to the camp tied another jig on and went back to the lake. Half hour later caught the same fish that broke me off earlier. Had two other hooks in it’s mouth along with my jig!

x2

I caught my PB smallmouth on pool 4 below Wabasha with a nightcrawler on the bottom in front of a wing dam. The fish measured an even 20″ and was hooked deep with a 2/0 whisker sticker hook (i was fishing two poles at the time, one on bottom for cats while casting for white bass). I cut the line and released the bronzeback to swim another day.

The next morning we came back to the same wing dam and were catching white bass. Again, I had my cat pole rigged with a crawler on the bottom out the back of the boat, it got bit hard and I just about lost the whole rig. I reeled it in and it was the same smallie with my whisker sticker and line still hanging in the back of his throat. This time he was hooked in the mouth, and after a few laughs and looks I again released him to swim another day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.