Home Forums Miscellaneous Love it….Hate it… Handheld GPS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Good Morning all,

Looking for suggestions for a handheld GPS unit that is user friendly, easy to update and will be able to upload lake maps to as well. Will be a dual purpose unit for fishing, hunting and geocaching. Like to keep it under $300 but open to $400 if it has raving reviews!

Please include your pro’s/con’s!

Thanks!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Specific to loading lake data and waypoints, I know from my Humminbird research this week that Garmin models can be updated with GPX waypoint data via GPSVirtualizer or EASYGPS file conversions.

Below is a link to an Amazon search for units with 4+ stars and free shipping. There are lots of units less than $300 with good reviews, and you may just need to narrow down your selection by feature set.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_72_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3AGarmin+handheld+GPS%2Cp_76%3A1249137011%2Cp_72%3A1248879011&keywords=Garmin+handheld+GPS&ie=UTF8&qid=1473955121&rnid=1248877011

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Pretty good phone apps out there for much less than a GPS

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: medicdano

Pretty good phone apps out there for much less than a GPS

tried that this year in Canada a couple of times and while it did ok he’s wanting a handheld unit.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have a Garmin Csx 60 with a lakemaster card. I like it for ice fishing but for me the 2.6 inch screen was too small for me in the boat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.