Home Forums Fishing Walleye Fishing guttenberg/lynxville

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Made the trip to genoa early this morning. I must have hit De Soto at the perfect time because i lead a convoy of boaters to one of the launches that i guess we all know about. fishing was okay at best. bite was on and off. not a lot of grass but enough to make it irritating. 5/16 oz jig and paddletail was the ticket early and through the morning. moxis/pulse-rs got a couple nibbles but it was clear they wanted paddletails. if it had a chart tail, it wouldn’t get bit..which was odd. straight motoroil was a hot color. once they started “chinning” the plastics we switched to drifting hair jig/minnows which yielded a few decent eyes and lots of dinks. was hoping for one of the pool 9 monsters that i’ve been hearing about lately but our largest was a 22. had a few 15-16in walleye which was nice to see for once so we threw those back. kept only sauger.

Participant

double post

Participant

Has anyone been fishing this week? Ramps ok? Was planning on giving it a go on Saturday, haven’t been able to make it up yet and was wanting to get one last trip in.

Participant

I haven’t been out for the better part of two weeks ue to the frigid cold weather. I can’t imagine the ramps are in bad shape and the weather looks halfway decent for a change this weekend. I may see you out there. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.