Home Forums Fishing Walleye Fishing guttenberg/lynxville

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

anybody getting into any sauger/walleye below the dams yet on a consistent basis? i’m thinking this weekend might be a bumper boat marathon.

Participant

been doing pretty good off the float at guttenburg the last three weeks,should really turn on with colder weather,havent been to lynxville yet,

Participant

I will be heading up on the 7th of November for a couple of days of fishing. I would guess the walleyes are starting to move but won’t get going big time until the water temp drops into the 40’s. I’ll be in the big green Alumacraft tiller boat, so say hi if you see me.

Participant

Fished Guttenburg Sunday. Water temp was 69. Only caught 1 Sauger and two Crappies. I think water still a little warm…but keep trying, it’ll get there someday.

L8R…Ken

Participant

Quote by: fishboy824

been doing pretty good off the float at guttenburg the last three weeks,should really turn on with colder weather,havent been to lynxville yet,

has it been shoulder to shoulder on there?

Participant

was out today around 5 am. the bite on both sides of the dam (particularly the float side) was great for 15in sauger and 15-20 in walleye pitching plastics and working down the breaks. once daylight came, the bite shut off and it was a few dinks here and there.

Participant

Bump… anyone been out? Headed up that way on Saturday

Participant

Quote by: ICEMAN101

Bump… anyone been out? Headed up that way on Saturday

Have any luck? Was thinking about hitting it this weekend.

Participant

Fished Guttenburg Saturday. Nobody on the Barge side, so I assumed they weren’t there. A lot of people on the Barge but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. A lot of people along the wall…only 1 boat tied to the wall. Did not see many big fish caught. I only got 1 at 15″, the rest were smaller. Kept 5. Akerman was crowded too. Heard some guy from Cassville caught a 22″ Walleye. Most were catching those pesky 10-13″ Saugers…same here. Tried for some Crappies. Caught half dozen before they moved out of that brush pile, then couldn’t find any others. It was an OK day, but I’ve had plenty better. Wind was biggest problem…blowing same direction as current.

Anybody else up there doing better? Let’s hear some reports.

L8R…Ken

Participant

Pretty slow. Small saugers. Not many walleyes being caught.

Participant

Was out sunday. Didn’t want to deal /w the wind on Saturday. Caught one 22in eye on the barge side around 5:30 and a couple 14-15 sauger pitching plastics towards the broken wingdam before the float folk showed up. heard a couple nice 22ish in eyes were caught on the barge sunday monring. later in the day the sauger bite turned in the deeper water you’d think they would be holding in during the winter but mostly all dinks. didn’t try ackermans due to boats being in the way but found a few 15-17 in eyes down river on rocks that weren’t that fat so i assume they were on their way up

Participant

lots of small males in the tailwaters of 16. saugers and eyes. filled a limit but dipped into the 13″ fish to do it the other day.

hopefully the females make their way in soon.

Participant

Lots of grass in Lynxville Mon., only a couple dinks.

Participant

We’re in Guttenburg at Doug’s bar, putting the boat in in the morning, any tips would be greatly appreciated

Participant

Below lock 12 in Bellevue they’ve been catching limiits of 14 inch saugers. I haven’t been out, right now its tree stand time! But that what friends have been telling me.

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Teddy Roosevelt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.