Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This should get the gun owners riled up, maybe even get the hunters engaged.

H.R.5103 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)

This bill amends the Internal Revenue Code, with respect to the excise tax on the sale of firearms by manufacturers, producers, or importers, to: (1) increase the rate of such tax to 20% on pistols, revolvers, and other firearms and on any lower frame or receiver for a firearm; and (2) impose a 50% tax on shells and cartridges. The bill exempts any department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States from such tax.

The bill allocates revenues from the increased excise tax under this bill for law enforcement and public safety grant programs, including programs for research on gun violence and its prevention.

The bill: (1) increases the occupational tax on importers, manufacturers, and dealers in firearms and the transfer tax on firearms; and (2) modifies the definition of “firearm” for excise tax purposes to include a semiautomatic pistol chambered for cartridges and configured with receivers commonly associated with rifles and capable of accepting detachable magazines.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5103

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Participant

Democrat from IL. 50% tax on ammo too.
    Added. Appears this would attempt to replace or be added on top of Pittman tax. 😕

Participant

I don’t think a 50% excise tax increase on ammo is going to pass muster in this country. However, thank you for sharing and I will continue writing elected officials.

I noticed that CCI is now selling all copper .22lr rounds. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another shot at banning all lead ammo come down the pike soon.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Typical liberal drivel that does NOTHING to make anyone “safer”. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Liberals are crafty and devious individuals who bear constant vigilance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.