Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Ground blind by Scheels

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have an 8 yr old Scheels hub style ground blind. Last year one of the fiberglass bows broke in a high wind. I took it back to Scheels for repair. The assistant store manager decided it was too old to be repaired, and offered to give me $100 towards the purchase of a new ground blind. Orr I could just keep the old blind as is. The Scheels web page says if you aren’t satisfied they will replace it.
    I do not know what is right here. Am asking for opinions here. Is this a good deal or not?
    The old blind is still functional. The blind was made by Ameristep.

Participant
    Up
    Down

How much did you pay for it originally? If it’s 8 yrs old and he’s offering you $100 for it, that seems pretty fair to me. How much is a new one now? $150-200? I guess you can always contact the corporate store and tell them the situation and see if they’ll replace it?

Participant
    Up
    Down

$179 for a new one on Scheels online store. I think I’d just go back to your local store, offer the guy $50 for a new replacement blind and see what he says. If he says no, then take the $100, buy your new blind for $80 and still feel like a winner. I’ll bet he takes the $50 for the new blind. They’re pretty good about working w/ people.

Participant
    Up
    Down

So it came with a lifetime guarantee? If so than I would think they should give you a new/replacement one. If it did not come with a guarantee that extends out at least 8 years than I would say he is being extremely nice offering you any money towards a new one and I would jump on it and buy a new one! If you are going by a satisfaction guarantee that would certainly not be valid 8 years after the purchase. That is just a nice what of saying you can return it after you take it home and open it up and mess around with it a bit. If at that point you don’t think it will fit your needs or you find the quality to be subpar than you can return it. Using it for 8 years and then having it break would not qualify for a satisfaction refund in my opinion. However it works out, I’m sure you’ll be happy and get many more years of use of it this or a new blind!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for your input everyone! Looks like I should accept his offer and buy the new blind.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: hunt4it

Thanks for your input everyone! Looks like I should accept his offer and buy the new blind.

its kind of a no brainer! Not very often you take something that’s 8 years old and get a good amount of money out of it.

Participant
    Up
    Down

At least you were offered something, I had the same problem accept 2 of the fiberglass rods broke. I was told by fleet farm it wasn’t there problem and to contact the company which is Ameristep. Contacted the company and was given the runaround for a week. After some dead end phone calls and e-mails I decided to try to fix the blind myself and still use it to this day. If its just the fiberglass rods, go to one of your local farm supply stores and buy the smaller fiberglass fence posts and replace your original(s) that are bad with them. That’s all I did and it works perfectly fine. Think I paid $2/piece for them. Was a lot cheaper than running back and forth to the store. Mine did have the hubs that were held together by a bolt in the center so it was a fairly easy fix. All I had to do was cut about 2″ off the fence posts. Good Luck!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.