Home Forums Trapping / Fur Handling Fur Handling Groenewold Coyote Prices

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: bankrunner

Quote by: ducker420

i got some coyotes and coon and rats and a badger im not going to skin them if he low balls me tomorrow in storm lake i will go home skin them and put them in my freezer not in it for the cash but im not going to get ripped off

Coyotes are still doing good. Don’t look too promising for the rest. Nobody has orders and nothing good overseas with Russia and China. Would you rather have $4 gas and decent fur prices or $2 gas and cheap fur?

$4 gas, no question. 2 years ago I paid for an entire season of fuel in the first 5 days of the season. This year, itll take over 2 weeks.

WhipWhip
    Participant

I had a country buyer here in WY send a flyer in Oct looking for coyote. I had sold to him in the past. Didn’t send prices but indicated prices would be higher than last year. I sent mine to auction last year and did very well. Plan to start hunting in Jan see if I can kill a few.

Whip

Participant

😆 Every fur dealer I have ever talked to, starting in the 1950s, has been going broke doing it. Just ask them 😉

Participant

Quote by: medicdano

Quote by: bankrunner

Quote by: ducker420

i got some coyotes and coon and rats and a badger im not going to skin them if he low balls me tomorrow in storm lake i will go home skin them and put them in my freezer not in it for the cash but im not going to get ripped off

Coyotes are still doing good. Don’t look too promising for the rest. Nobody has orders and nothing good overseas with Russia and China. Would you rather have $4 gas and decent fur prices or $2 gas and cheap fur?

$4 gas, no question. 2 years ago I paid for an entire season of fuel in the first 5 days of the season. This year, itll take over 2 weeks.

Are you talking gas for the ENTIRE year or just trapping? I am talking gas for the entire year with my truck, wife’s SUV, and kids vehicle.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Just for trapping. Unfortunately, when there is cheap gas the fur will also be cheap. World economics plays a big part in how much one silly ole.Iowa coon is worth.

Participant

I sold 2 yotes last week to a buyer not far from home. Got twenty five a piece for them. I should have walked back out the door. The guy said he gave me his top dollar. Last year I sold seven of my yotes to Groenwold 5 brought 40 a piece the other two were thirty. This year when I talked to him he says they took a small drop and topping out around 35 but heck who knows. He did say its about the only fur that’s still good on the market. With that being said Its not going to change the way I trap I will still be out there enjoying the outdoors even if furs were worth a nickel.

WhipWhip
    Participant

Skin them stretch them turn them let them dry. Send to Auction cheaper than driving all over looking g for top dollar. Pay the commission and get what the buyers get.

Whip

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.