Home Forums Hunting Firearms Grandpa’s gun

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I was sitting in the hospital yesterday and thinking about hunting. I remembered my grandad use to keep his hunting license in the butt of his double barrel. When I got home I loosened the butt plate and there was his 1963 license. Don’t know why it took me so long to think about it. A lot of the old guys did that. Stirs up some great memories. B)

nlar
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: kenhump

I was sitting in the hospital yesterday and thinking about hunting. I remembered my grandad use to keep his hunting license in the butt of his double barrel. When I got home I loosened the butt plate and there was his 1963 license. Don’t know why it took me so long to think about it. A lot of the old guys did that. Stirs up some great memories. B)

Your wife is waiting for the light bulb to come on in that old head of your’s also 😉

sensquid
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I got an 870 when I was about 14 years old and still have my first hunting license in the hole under the butt plate that holds the stock on. Yup, it was common practice back then.

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: nlar

Your wife is waiting for the light bulb to come on in that old head of your’s also 😉

I switched to a CFL. Not any brighter, but uses less of my energy. 😉

riverrat216
    Participant
    Up
    Down

BAHHH I have to use that one on my boss

goody
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Very cool find Ken….very cool

goody

Eric Goodale

Born to fish, forced to work.

hoytarcher
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for the chuckle, Ken.

Larry

Hdnpowrz
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I just went to check my grandads shotgun… No but plate. 🙁 Great find Though… My dad stores extra ammo in his .22 and such…
    Shane

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.