Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Got a couple last weekend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We managed to get two on Saturday. It could even be the last two of the season I suppose depending on what the weather does. Both were males, a smaller light colored male and then a large dark male. I personally really like that light color phase myself over the darker one. They were holding pretty tight that day.

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

I like the lighter phase also, but am very happy as long as they don’t have mange. 😉

Hey, was the “we” the new group you put together this year???

later,
    scruffy

Participant

Nice job laying a couple of them out! I’m kind of partial to any color phase just so long as the background color is that of a truck bed! 😆

I was wondering too if you had any luck getting a group together?

Participant

Nice job, Ruger! I wouldn’t count them out as the last ones of the year just yet. March can sometimes imitate a lion. I’m with you on the lighter ones, especially with a distinct dark saddle.

Participant

Quote by: hawkeye

Nice job laying a couple of them out! I’m kind of partial to any color phase just so long as the background color is that of a truck bed! 😆

That’s a GOOD one Troy!

Participant

Great job Ruger. I would agree that they look pretty good in the back of the truck.

TheDuckMasterTheDuckMaster
    Participant

Nice going, looks like Sunday could bring some snow, so you may get one more time to chase them!

TDM

Participant

Quote by: scruffy

I like the lighter phase also, but am very happy as long as they don’t have mange. 😉

Hey, was the “we” the new group you put together this year???

later,
    scruffy

No scruffy, this hunt wasn’t around Ames. It was with my old group that I used to run with growing up. In NW Iowa.

We just haven’t had good weather or it seems to have become a comedy of reasons that people haven’t been available to hunt, me included. I’m still looking for some good ol boys to run with around Ames. I have a couple trucks ready to roll, but would like someone to tie it all together we some sections we could string together for a good run.

Later,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.