Home Forums Miscellaneous Gardening Gardening 2018

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m going to have to try that this year. I wish I had seen it last year before I pulled the plants before the first frost. Some of them had stems that were over 1.5″ diameter. All this gardening talk got me going so I ordered some Count Dracula pepper seeds last night and ill be starting some others this weekend.

Participant

We overwintered a jalapeno last winter, planted it in the garden last year. Got lots of huge fruit off of it. Didn’t dig it to bring it back in this past winter.

For someone looking to experiment with some new tomato varieties, a friend told me about a University of Florida lab that is creating new strains: http://hos.ufl.edu/kleeweb/newcultivars.html I have not ordered from them, but my friend said the tomatoes they raised were fantastic. I think they tried the Garden Gems.

Participant

Quote by: DGorman

I’m going to have to try that this year. I wish I had seen it last year before I pulled the plants before the first frost. Some of them had stems that were over 1.5″ diameter. All this gardening talk got me going so I ordered some Count Dracula pepper seeds last night and ill be starting some others this weekend.

I had to google Count Dracula peppers, those are cool!

Participant

. thanks for info on skid loader

Participant

Quote by: Maverick

How spicy are the count dracula’s? I have been getting what I call little spicy effers from menards for the past few years. Don’t even know their real name. Very spicy when I let them dry then grind them up for pepper flakes. I’m always open to new peppers.

Participant

Quote by: rdwmpb

How spicy are the count dracula’s? I have been getting what I call little spicy effers from menards for the past few years. Don’t even know their real name. Very spicy when I let them dry then grind them up for pepper flakes. I’m always open to new peppers.

They seem to be a novelty pepper only ranging from 8000-30000 shu, so basically between jalapeno and cayenne for heat. I’ve been smoking and dehydrating a lot of peppers lately and grinding them into powder. Most of it comes from ghost and scorpion peppers so it’s much hotter than these will be. I ordered these solely because they look to be something different. Not sure where you’re located but I could probably spare some mystery cherry pepper seeds along with some ghost or scorpions seeds.

Participant

Quote by: rdwmpb

They seem to be a novelty pepper only ranging from 8000-30000 shu, so basically between jalapeno and cayenne for heat. I’ve been smoking and dehydrating a lot of peppers lately and grinding them into powder. Most of it comes from ghost and scorpion peppers so it’s much hotter than these will be. I ordered these solely because they look to be something different. Not sure where you’re located but I could probably spare some mystery cherry pepper seeds along with some ghost or scorpions seeds.

I appreciate the gesture. I’ll find something. Got a Earl May gift card for Xmas so will have to check that out. Peppers and tomatoes I can do so many things with.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.