Home Forums Trapping / Fur Handling Trapping Fur bearer license

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

How about the fur bearer license to get rolled into the lifetime hunting and fishing combo that you can get after you are 65?

The reason that I say this that there is fur out there that I won’t buy a license for if there is no fur market, but I would try to catch a few just to hold down the population.
    I don’t want to pay to do it.

I think that there as other old guys that might do that as well.

Some day you might need some teachers out there to teach the kids how to do it.

Participant

I have an Iowa resident lifetime fur bearer license, that I got a couple years back, didn’t use this past year.

Participant

Quote by: mulespurs

How about the fur bearer license to get rolled into the lifetime hunting and fishing combo that you can get after you are 65?

The reason that I say this that there is fur out there that I won’t buy a license for if there is no fur market, but I would try to catch a few just to hold down the population.

It is.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

I have one and don’t expect to make any money at it. Yes the prices are poor but thats not why I do it. Puts me back in my youth and entertains me. I run a creek on two adjoining farms which have no fence between with my atv and mainly try to rid the beaver which the farmers don’t want. Started using snares the last couple years and like them. As a bonus got two coyote this year also. I was happy.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

Quote by: Wolfdog

It is.

I have a lifetime hunting and a lifetime fishing license. (Individual licenses I bought when I turned 65)
    Am I to understand that fur harvesters is include with my hunting license? Just asking?

Participant

Quote by: Wapsi+Willy

It is.

I have a lifetime hunting and a lifetime fishing license. (Individual licenses I bought when I turned 65)
    Am I to understand that fur harvesters is include with my hunting license? Just asking?

The lifetime hunting license does NOT include the lifetime fur harvester license. It is a separate lifetime 65+ license. They are both $52.50 right now.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

Ya my 3 lifetimes equal over $150 bucks so us old guys gotta try and outlive them. No Habitat stamp required though but still have to get the turkey, deer trout.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

Got all three also, and you are right we have to out live them.Sure is nice that we don’t have to worry about forgetting to buy every year now. 😮

Participant

Quote by: beniah1066

Quote by: Wapsi+Willy

It is.

The lifetime hunting license does NOT include the lifetime fur harvester license. It is a separate lifetime 65+ license. They are both $52.50 right now.

l

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.