Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: kenhump

Fox are cyclical. Boom on rabbits and others, fox numbers go up.

In my area the last two years you cant throw a rock without hitting a rabbit.

Participant

Quote by: whiterook

Both fox & coyote come into towns at night to hunt. During pup rearing time both canines will often feed on domestic cat. As for sighting Red Fox. Most adult fox during daylight hrs. Will be holed up all yr around vs a coyote. As coyotes prefer to bed outside, unless the weather is brutal.

Good we need something to keep feral cat population in check. It’s ridiculous in some areas.

Participant

Quote by: sadam

Both fox & coyote come into towns at night to hunt. During pup rearing time both canines will often feed on domestic cat. As for sighting Red Fox. Most adult fox during daylight hrs. Will be holed up all yr around vs a coyote. As coyotes prefer to bed outside, unless the weather is brutal.

Good we need something to keep feral cat population in check. It’s ridiculous in some areas.

Area around my town has a very healthy Red Fox pop. We’ve lived here since 08. I’ve only seen a few free range cats in town over those yrs. A few yrs ago our dog found an active fox & an active coyote den within 3/8 mile from the city limits. Both den sites had cat carcass remnants, along with a few coon. Also a few yrs ago I stepped outside one night. I seen something moving in the shadows through a neighbors yard. It was a family group of coyotes in town. Parents & good sized yoys.

Participant

Quote by: sadam

We don’t have a feral cat problem in my area. 😈

Participant

It’s good to hear the fox #’s are coming back. Now only if the price for their fur would, I’d love to break the snare’s out and and beat my record of 79 fox for a season. 😀

Participant

I’ve had considerably more fox sightings in the past two years than I have had in the 5 years before that. We’ve also been seeing a lot of mink, or maybe the same one over and over. It’s good to see both of them.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.