Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation Florida mass shooting

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Participant

And yes Canada is less godly, has no corporal punishment, plays the same video games we do and yet they have a much lower rate of gun deaths. Why? Fewer guns!

Participant

Quote by: Mr.+Twister

And yes Canada is less godly, has no corporal punishment, plays the same video games we do and yet they have a much lower rate of gun deaths. Why? Fewer guns!

Taking all of the modern weapons/firearms and ammunition (a.k.a. ‘Tools’) away will do nothing to change the evil hearts and actions of Man.

Participant

So how do you get there? There’s 300 million (probably more) walking around the streets every day. People say it’s impossible to deport 11 million people but think you can magically disarm a population that has grown up in so called ‘gun-culture.’ There is no law that would have stopped this latest tragedy – people need to acknowledge that. We already accept that while rape is illegal it still happens so people take sensible measures to minimize risk. At this point in time it’s necessary to take the same approach to active shooter situations which are exponentially rarer than rape. I had a bonehead friend who hung with a bad crowd and came home one day with a real and functional AK-47 (the banned full auto kind) all because he had time and money on his hands and a desire to get one. Criminals don’t care about the law and the only people any such ban will hurt are the law abiding who will in the statist dream will now live and a universal gun free zone…except for the cops and the bad guys. Freedom is dangerous if you don’t like it I’m sure North Korea or Cuba would love to have you.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant
    Participant

Quote by: nahdogg

So how do you get there? There’s 300 million (probably more) walking around the streets every day. People say it’s impossible to deport 11 million people but think you can magically disarm a population that has grown up in so called ‘gun-culture.’ There is no law that would have stopped this latest tragedy – people need to acknowledge that. We already accept that while rape is illegal it still happens so people take sensible measures to minimize risk. At this point in time it’s necessary to take the same approach to active shooter situations which are exponentially rarer than rape. I had a bonehead friend who hung with a bad crowd and came home one day with a real and functional AK-47 (the banned full auto kind) all because he had time and money on his hands and a desire to get one. Criminals don’t care about the law and the only people any such ban will hurt are the law abiding who will in the statist dream will now live and a universal gun free zone…except for the cops and the bad guys. Freedom is dangerous if you don’t like it I’m sure North Korea or Cuba would love to have you.

Are you suggesting that I am not worthy of living here? I am sure an authoritarian regime does not want a citizen questioning the status quo. I see that you are trying to bully me to not express my opinion. Is that your idea of freedom?

Are you suggesting that United States is not capable of solving this? We are the greatest, right.

Participant

Quote by: Jefro

Quote by: dogdown

Quote by: quailslayer

The problem is mental health hands down, how many of these lunatics were prescribed mental heath drugs. We need to really think about HIPPA and make mental heath a flag on the background check when applying to purchase a gun. You got a mental issue a flag goes up on the background check no purchase allowed. Now that being said we as gun owners need to make sure access is not allowed to family members with mental health issues as well.

Interested in knowing whether or not the kid had taken any of the attention deficit disorder medications. Most do now a days.

Most do not actually. C’mon…

It has been reported previously on the internet that most of the shooters have been on some type of attention disorder medicine. Everything on the internet is true. 😯

Participant

Quite few less people too..

Participant

Quote by: nahdogg

Are you suggesting that I am not worthy of living here? I am sure an authoritarian regime does not want a citizen questioning the status quo. I see that you are trying to bully me to not express my opinion. Is that your idea of freedom?

Are you suggesting that United States is not capable of solving this? We are the greatest, right.

Please, you misunderstand.I’m always open to listening to people express opinions even ones that seem misguided. I was merely asking you to consider how you get less guns to make us the peaceful utopia that Canada is? I also suggested that if you dislike the freedom and the dangers that come with it that other countries with less freedom have no guns in the hands of their civilians. To an extent I don’t see this as a ‘solvable problem’ just like crime isn’t solvable. We can encourage civility and morality but evil exists and determined evil will always be able to perpetrate shocking criminal acts as long as they are free moral agents. I don’t think humans can remove free moral agency from the equation.

Participant
    Participant

Twister can you please post some stuff from The Onion, Daily Kos, and Al Jazeera. They’re just as credible as VOX.

Participant

What sources would you be ok with? Or do you have a source that is credible and says that mental illness is the problem?

Participant
    Participant

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2017/1110/On-gun-violence-blaming-mental-illness-may-only-deepen-stigma

How about CSM?

So, do we have more mental illness today than we did in the past? If so, what’s the cause??? Polluted water? Broken homes? Lack of discipline as a children? Lack of any real sense of consequence for our actions? Lack of empathy? Lack of our relationships with God???

Blaming ‘Mental Illness’ is actually a Red Herring, as previously stated. Blame lies on US ALL for creating and perpetuating a morally corrupt society in general. In turn, producing much of the instability and so called ‘Mental Illness’ in people today.

We reap what we sow.

Participant

In a study one out five have a mental condition. Think of your four friends. If they seem normal then you are the one and no guns for you.

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/issues/state-mental-health-america

Participant

In a study one out five have a mental condition. Think of your four friends. If they seem normal then you are the one and no guns for you.

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/issues/state-mental-health-america

Yeah, here’s another startling statistic. 25% of women are on anti-psychotic medications, that means a staggering 75% are untreated. I’ll be here all week, don’t forget to tip your waitress.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.