Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation Florida mass shooting

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: smokepole

Quote by: river

There is a root to this problem and nobody is ever going to talk about it. Nobody

River

I know what it is. Don’t let liberals have access to guns.

This was tragic for many people and this guy has to make this very stupid comment. This guy shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a firearm!

smokepolesmokepole
    Participant

Quote by: Renbe4

There is a root to this problem and nobody is ever going to talk about it. Nobody

River

This was tragic for many people and this guy has to make this very stupid comment. This guy shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a firearm!

Aww poor baby the truth hurts when it hits right at home doesn’t it? The facts are it doesn’t matter what gun was used it’s the people using them. If you look at every one of these mass shootings closely you’ll find the common denominator. There have been 51 people shot and killed in Chicago so far this year and it doesn’t even make the national news. Not a word about more gun laws what guns were used, it’s all about politics. But hey it keeps ignorant people like you involved.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

This should have been prevented. This is another black eye on the FBI and our law enforcement bureaucracy.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/the-fbi-was-warned-about-a-school-shooting-threat-from?utm_term=.nbyd9GAJQ#.orqlxMke9

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Quote by: llewellinsetter

This should have been prevented. This is another black eye on the FBI and our law enforcement bureaucracy.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/the-fbi-was-warned-about-a-school-shooting-threat-from?utm_term=.nbyd9GAJQ#.orqlxMke9

For the rest of you…do you not understand you are arguing with trolls? The number of posts should be your first clue. Don’t feed into the nonsense.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Maybe I’m being naive, but aren’t there alot of legitimate “professional shooter” i.e. target, skeet, etc, out there? I’m not sure that statement alone should be a red flag??? Maybe in this day and age it is. Maybe when you combine it with the person and other posts and pics he shared on social media?

I like how on the morning news shows today they express the outrage yet again onhow these guns are being used to kill children and then 5 minutes later they are up in arms on how Trump made 8 public appearances and statements before commenting on whether a former staffer beat is ex wives. I could care less about that guy. Is a real discussion on how to move forward on how mentally disturbed people are being ignored in this country ever going to be put forth or are we going to keep ignoring them?

Maybe they should be pinning some catchy hashtag pins on the dead.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

River

Like so many other liberals, we have have spell out the facts for you because emotions cloud the truth. The truth is when you look at the political affiliations of the vast majority of massacre shooters they ARE NOT conservatives. A few were, but the VAST MAJORITY ARE REGISTERED DEMOCRATS. Smokepole is simply stating facts, and like most facts that hurt the democrats pride and refute their beliefs they choose not to beleive and continue to live in Nevernever Land.

Participant

Quote by: Woodtick89

Lol I never said anything like that! We need more strict ways to prevent these guns from getting into the wrong peoples hands. Y do people need ARs huh? Oh they’re fun to shoot. Can u hunt w/ them? No. Can u target practice? No unless u wanna blow some sht up! Sick of people defending these stupid guns! Unless ur in combat u don’t need them! A shotty or handgun will be plenty of home protection. Where do u live? Compton? No IOWA!

Obviously you know nothing about guns. Your second sentence clearly states that there need to be stricter rules for ARs. First if you are going to defend yourself in your home, the shotgun would be my 1st choice and a pistol. But you would never know why because you don’t understand guns. Second, yes I do use my ARs for hunting, only hunting. Not because I can have a high capacity magazine, just like you can have for your pistol or shotgun, but because of twist rates and ballistic advantages that common over the counter bolt guns don’t offer.
    Why is it you people only come out of the woodwork when an AR is used.
    I’m not defending the AR, I’m defending a right given to us from our founding fathers, my rights, your rights to own any gun that you feel you want or need.
    Also, this could have been prevented with out any new laws or banning any guns. The warning signs where there and law enforcement at the highest level failed to act on warnings that were posted on social media and to people. Who dropped the ball again. And what is the answer to the problem from liberals and woodtick, take away the gun. The gun, just a tool, one of many. An 18 wheeler, a bomb, a gun, just tools.
    Nikolas Cruz “I’m going to be a professional school shooter” September 25, 2017 on YouTube.
    Go ahead woodtick, blame the gun if it makes you sleep better at night. If they ban the AR, will you sleep sounder knowing that a pistol or a shotgun kills just as deadly as an ar.

Participant

I blame parents.I believe thats where it begins. Then its social media. Just like any web site its easy to type then to speak your peace to someones face. There isnt going to be a solution to this type of tragedy till we face what we have become as a society. I for one have had it. Im pissed just as much as some of you on here and I dont have a solution just an opinion and thats to do away with semi auto weapons. I thought I would never say this and I hate myself for it. Laws dont work in this area I know. These are my gut feelings guys. Someone help change them with a better opinion please….Thank you

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Quote by: KeokukCoboy

I blame parents.I believe thats where it begins. Then its social media. Just like any web site its easy to type then to speak your peace to someones face. There isnt going to be a solution to this type of tragedy till we face what we have become as a society. I for one have had it. Im pissed just as much as some of you on here and I dont have a solution just an opinion and thats to do away with semi auto weapons. I thought I would never say this and I hate myself for it. Laws dont work in this area I know. These are my gut feelings guys. Someone help change them with a better opinion please….Thank you

I understand your frustrations. The problems is you/we CANNOT remove semi automatic weapons from society. The bad guys wont give them up. Period. There are already laws preventing criminals from getting these weapons s and they still get them. I know you want something done, but this will just cause more murders because of lack of protection for good people (ex. Chicago, California).

Security precautions is the only answer.

Participant

Do we post a couple Nat’l Guard soldiers at our schools? Single entrances with multiple cameras and a guard? Some would say they don’t want to see that but I would. I think the kids that survived yesterday would.

America first???

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

This kid illegally had possession of the weapon. The “minimum age to own a firearm” law was in place, as it has been for decades. Laws do not prevent people from being evil. PERIOD!!!!

Participant

Thank you for the thoughtful replies thus far, and to the obvious trolls trying to stir the pot you can all GTH.

I would support metal detectors and full-time security in every public school in Iowa. I would even support a special tax to fund this program. Today our schools concentrate the helpless and most dear to all of us, and the bureaucracy just sits on its hands not doing a thing about it. Most are too worried about being re-elected to risk taking a firm stand and proposing something that could save lives. Heck, I would submit to any background check they wanted and volunteer to stand guard for nothing if the district would allow it.

I don’t want a police state, but good grief our kids are sitting ducks right now, and the “…it will never happen in our school…” sense of invincibility is going to continue to allow crazy people to kill more children.

Participant

Quote by: CRIA1576

Thank you for the thoughtful replies thus far, and to the obvious trolls trying to stir the pot you can all GTH.

I would support metal detectors and full-time security in every public school in Iowa. I would even support a special tax to fund this program. Today our schools concentrate the helpless and most dear to all of us, and the bureaucracy just sits on its hands not doing a thing about it. Most are too worried about being re-elected to risk taking a firm stand and proposing something that could save lives. Heck, I would submit to any background check they wanted and volunteer to stand guard for nothing if the district would allow it.

I don’t want a police state, but good grief our kids are sitting ducks right now, and the “…it will never happen in our school…” sense of invincibility is going to continue to allow crazy people to kill more children.

I think any law abiding citizen wouldn’t object to expanded background checks, I know I wouldn’t object. The problem is that the non law abiding ones are the ones that object or bypass the laws. When someone threatens the president or any other elected official, there ass ends up in jail, shouldn’t it be that when someone threatens to kill anybody, they should be locked up too.

Participant

River

Aww poor baby the truth hurts when it hits right at home doesn’t it? The facts are it doesn’t matter what gun was used it’s the people using them. If you look at every one of these mass shootings closely you’ll find the common denominator. There have been 51 people shot and killed in Chicago so far this year and it doesn’t even make the national news. Not a word about more gun laws what guns were used, it’s all about politics. But hey it keeps ignorant people like you involved.

This topic should not be politicized, we will never improve the situation when that happens! Your original statement was ridiculous to make after all these mass murders. No respect for all the people who are going through all these terrible events. You think you know my political affiliation from me not agreeing with you politicizing this issue.

Now you make another post: Were did I make any statement about what type of gun was used? You must not know what “common denominator” or “every one” mean, I know for a fact a “liberal” did not commit every one of the mass murders, as you state as a fact!??! My last statement from the post is “kind of verified” by your childish name calling in your response. Please don’t “try” to bully people from behind a computer screen.

Participant

Just saw at a press conference, the quote on you tube was “I’m going to be a professional school shooter”. That’s a huge difference from what I thought the quote was earlier today. I thought the quote was “professional shooter”. My apologies.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.