Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation Florida mass shooting

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Someone that wants to kill others isn’t going to use their fists. Kids don’t fight anymore, they bully. And they don’t even bully in full daylight because they are to cowardly to be shamed afterwards. They do it from their phone. They do it from their laptops. Then since they’ve never had to deal with disappointment, either the bully or the bullied gets their hands on a gun and ups the ante.

Participant

The base problem is that so many people are willing to kill others. The government has systematically removed all church influence from the school system. Add to that teaching scientology, where the strongest and most powerful survive with little or no compassion, or respect for others. With no respect, love, or fear of God. No fear or thought of afterlife and or Hell. They apparently have concern for only moment, and any fame ( not the best word to use) or notoriety. I fear the trend will continue. Until the system is able and allowed to teach respect, and that each person is responsible for their own actions, choices,and the consequences of them, that things will only get worse. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected.

smokepolesmokepole
    Participant

Quote by: river

There is a root to this problem and nobody is ever going to talk about it. Nobody

River

I know what it is. Don’t let liberals have access to guns.

Participant

Quote by: Woodtick89

Idk y people do this?!! We do need metal detectors & arm teachers/police at every school. AR’s & guns should be more managed not given out to anybody who wants one! Already 17-18 school shootings in 2018 & heard 300 since 2012-13. WTF is goin on w/ our country?!? What happened to a good ole fist fight! Seen after they caught the shooter they were all nice & sent him away in an ambulance. We need to torture or put the death sentence for these kinda people! They put this hurt on so many families they deserve it! America has gotten too soft! What happened to a good ole hangin! They say oh lethal injection is so expensive y not save $$$ & give these people what they deserve! Just makes me sick how our society is anymore! Not for Trump but Make America Great Again!

When will you and others realize that guns are a tool, one of many tools that are readily available to those intent on causing havoc. Every time there is a shooting or any other event, it always comes out that there were warning signs or prior events that were committed that should of been addressed before the situation got to far along. When i hear law enforcement was limited, than let’s change the laws to give them the ability to stop it before it happens. The world wide web will give any detail you need or access to any tool you need to create mass causalities. You want to ban the ar, start with the entertainment industry that glorifies these guns.

Lets put metal detectors with doors that trap the individuals when they trip the detector. We won’t do that because they will say it’s not cost effective. When I hear that arguement it tells me that those lives lost past and future is not worth it to the bean counters. Why, because most of those bean counters work for or have access to armed guards or personel guards. Where’s the guards for the common folk, there are none and we are left to defend ourselves and if it was up to people that think guns are the problem than we would left vulnerable and helpless. Not me, I perfer to take the chance that I can protect my loved ones and even some complete strangers.

Just today, the local news channels were talking how the stand your ground law allowed a gentleman to go free here in Iowa for defending his life against two who intended him harm or even death. The law worked as intended and the bad guys got what they deserved. They made him sound like the bad guy. Go figure.

Participant

Lol I never said anything like that! We need more strict ways to prevent these guns from getting into the wrong peoples hands. Y do people need ARs huh? Oh they’re fun to shoot. Can u hunt w/ them? No. Can u target practice? No unless u wanna blow some sht up! Sick of people defending these stupid guns! Unless ur in combat u don’t need them! A shotty or handgun will be plenty of home protection. Where do u live? Compton? No IOWA!

Participant

The base problem is that so many people are willing to kill others, often over very little. The government has systematically removed all church influence from the school system. Add to that, teaching scientology where the strongest and most powerful survive with little or no compassion, or respect for others. With no respect, love, or fear of God. No fear or thought of afterlife and or Hell. They apparently have concern for only moment, and any fame ( not the best word to use) or notoriety. The media glorifies bullies, just look at the late night shows and many of the so called “comedians”. A presidential election that ran and lost on what to many seemed to be only hatred and if at all possible destroy the lives of those who disagree with you. I fear the trend will continue. Until the system is able and allowed to teach respect, and that each person is responsible for their own actions, choices, and the consequences of them, that things will only get worse. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by these Horrible school attacks. Sorry for the incomplete previous post. I hit submit instead of preview..

Participant

We need stiffer penalties for people who do this! Not a slap on the wrist oh sent off to prison & a big name for the media to put out there! Something needs to change! We can change! Scare these sick people into not doing this! If u do this u will be in hell on earth! Even that rapist Nasser they should’ve let every father of those girls beat the sht outta him. How can we just let this happen then oh prison 100yrs fed good & taken care of!

riverriver
    Participant

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Quote by: llewellinsetter

There is a root to this problem and nobody is ever going to talk about it. Nobody

River

Apparently you won’t either. 🙄

Eh? Speak up. I can’t HEAR you. 🙄

Do you have a point? Suggestion? Solution? Contribution? Anything?

I certainly do. And thanks for questioning me. I think my point is evident, my suggestions are few, solutions are nil. I’d like to think I can contribute some how, some way. And I pray this humble post is a start. You’re smart ‘setter. I know that from reading stuff here on this site. Between you and I let’s get something started. Let’s find a fix. Let’s talk about it.

River

riverriver
    Participant

Quote by: smokepole

River

I know what it is. Don’t let liberals have access to guns.

Come on man. You got more to offer than that.

Peace,
    River

Participant

Remember Hitler spread his twisted ideology by controlling what was taught to the children. This is where the down fall started and where repairing it must be done.

Participant

Lol I never said anything like that! We need more strict ways to prevent these guns from getting into the wrong peoples hands. Y do people need ARs huh? Oh they’re fun to shoot. Can u hunt w/ them? No. Can u target practice? No unless u wanna blow some sht up! Sick of people defending these stupid guns! Unless ur in combat u don’t need them! A shotty or handgun will be plenty of home protection. Where do u live? Compton? No IOWA!

The AR is a great platform for a sporting and hunting rifle. People hunt with them everyday across America. They are used for general varmint control such as prairie dogs and used for coyote hunting. Also used much more often in other states for controlling feral hogs. So yes, you can hunt with them and people do all the time. People also target practice with them all the time. I love target shooting with them. They are great to shoot and a wonderful way to hang out and bond with my friends and family while having a great time shooting some steel plates down range.

The main thing they are NOT used for is shooting other people with. As much as the media would have you think otherwise, it is very rare to be shot with any long rifle or any gun in general. I believe the number of gun deaths by long rifle is like 1%-2% of all gun deaths and the AR is a percentage of that but I would want to double check that number before writing it in stone.

It sounds like you are pretty ignorant on this subject and I would hope you would do some research before spouting gibberish off like the rest of the Liberal gun grabbers. Also, can you please use proper spelling and grammar when you post. It’s difficult to read when folks don’t do those things.

Participant

We need stiffer penalties for people who do this! Not a slap on the wrist oh sent off to prison & a big name for the media to put out there! Something needs to change! We can change! Scare these sick people into not doing this! If u do this u will be in hell on earth! Even that rapist Nasser they should’ve let every father of those girls beat the sht outta him. How can we just let this happen then oh prison 100yrs fed good & taken care of!

Did you really believe this when you wrote it? Look at the percentage of people that do mass shootings that live. Most kill themself or get shot by police. You really think you can scare them to not do it?

I am glad they got this guy alive. Maybe they can study him to learn more about why someone would do this.

Participant

Lol u know what that means? Things won’t change unless we change & do something about it. They’ve caught plenty of terrorists & school shooters what did they learn from them? Not a damn thing. ARs are not for sport unless u need 20 shots to kill something. Whatever u guys think to hell w/ u!

Participant

Yes, the ar-15 is a common hunting rifle for dogging. Yes, the ar-15 is commonly used for target practice. No, the ar-15 does not commonly blow stuff up, grenade launchers are tightly controlled.

Participant

Lol u know what that means? Things won’t change unless we change & do something about it. They’ve caught plenty of terrorists & school shooters what did they learn from them? Not a damn thing. ARs are not for sport unless u need 20 shots to kill something. Whatever u guys think to hell w/ u!

Actually I have 10 round magazines I use.

So what do you propose we do to stop people from killing other people? This extends far beyond guns because people are killed in many, many more ways than being shot. How do you propose we legislate people from being allowed to have metal problems? I would love to hear your ideas on how to do that because that is the only solution. You have to stop allowing people with mental issues to have mental issues and to act out against others in ways that the rest of us can’t understand or relate to.

Seriously, try to have a discussion about this and share your ideas. Don’t get frustrated from your lack of knowledge and resort to name calling. Educate yourself and share some ideas that make sense. All Liberals say we need to do something and ban this and and that. They did ban many media called “assault rifles” at one time and you know what changed….. nothing. Nothing changed because the guns were not the problem. People are the problem and until you can fix that than all you can do is plan ahead and mitigate the damage a deranged person may cause using what ever way means they can.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.