Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting First ever bow hunting double

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hey guys,

I had a blessed morning in the stand today after hunting morning and night since last Tuesday and putting in more than 100 hunting hours this season. For the first time in 20 years of bow hunting, i filled my antlerless and statewide any sex tags from the same stand in one morning and completed a bow hunting double! I was fortunate to harvest the doe at 730am this morning followed by the buck at 940am. I don’t recall the last time I was tagged out this early, and I am looking forward to getting a jumpstart on the holiday season and really enjoying and being present for my family without the distraction of always wondering if the deer are moving. 😀

My work network blocks all picture hosting sites, so if somebody can help me post some pictures I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

bullhead44bullhead44
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Congrats on the double. That is an accomplishment!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: CRIA1576

Hey guys,

I had a blessed morning in the stand today after hunting morning and night since last Tuesday and putting in more than 100 hunting hours this season. For the first time in 20 years of bow hunting, i filled my antlerless and statewide any sex tags from the same stand in one morning and completed a bow hunting double! I was fortunate to harvest the doe at 730am this morning followed by the buck at 940am. I don’t recall the last time I was tagged out this early, and I am looking forward to getting a jumpstart on the holiday season and really enjoying and being present for my family without the distraction of always wondering if the deer are moving. 😀

My work network blocks all picture hosting sites, so if somebody can help me post some pictures I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Congrats! So had you not moved from 7:30 to 9:40 or did you move, take care of the doe, and then clamber back up around 9a or something?

For pictures, my work would block the sites too. I just use my phone to upload pictures, not sure if that would work for you?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

I shot the doe at 730 and just waited to recover her until after I had shot and given the buck an hour to expire. I got down at 1040, and found the buck exactly where I expected after watching him stagger around after the shot. He was in the process of making a circle back to me and crashed in the fence row about 75 yards south of my stand. The doe was approximately 75 yards southeast of me under some cedars.

I shot the doe with my last Slick Trick Viper 100 and shot the buck with a Rage 2 blade 100 expandable. Both heads shoot EXACTLY the same as my field tips at all ranges. The doe was at 3-5 yards, right under my tree and I hit her through the heart and far “elbow” due to the steep angle. The buck was quartering away at 15 or so yards and the rage entered behind the 3rd to last rib and exited in the far arm pit. Unfortunately the Rage passed through the stomach on the way to the liver and far lung and it was a hot mess inside.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Congrats, pics or it didn’t happen.

I have shot multiple does many times. I always tell myself I will never do it again because of the work then I end up doing it again.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Here goes first try at Imgur pics…

Participant
    Up
    Down

Excellent work! Both animals are stout! That’s alot of sausage!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you sir and that buck was a tank. I didn’t get a weight on him, but I am certain he was 200+ on the hoof.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Very nice!

Been playing a chess match with that bucks twin!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Whoa! That’s a pretty nice buck too! Cool pics!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.