Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds First axe head.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Very nice find. The first few pics sort of threw me off. Sizing the photos up helped. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Participant

The Skunk River Artifact show is June 18th in Sigourney. There will be quite a few experts there that can tell you a lot about your axe. This show is known for it’s hardstone. Get there early, as the show will be over by early afternoon. Great find, congrats!

Participant

Quote by: Tomcat

The Skunk River Artifact show is June 18th in Sigourney. There will be quite a few experts there that can tell you a lot about your axe. This show is known for it’s hardstone. Get there early, as the show will be over by early afternoon. Great find, congrats!

Thanks Tomcat. I cant make that one but I see that there are 2 more later in the year that should work. Thanks everyone

Participant

I have a match to that, same concave bottom. rough guess 3500 years old. go to treasurenet or arrowheads.com and you can hear from some experts and get great detailed info

Participant

that will make your day

Participant

Quote by: MISSION

I have a match to that, same concave bottom. rough guess 3500 years old. go to treasurenet or arrowheads.com and you can hear from some experts and get great detailed info

Thanks for the info.

Participant

Sweet find! I still vividly remember the moment I found my first (and only) axe head. You won’t forget this one for a long time. Congrats on a nice piece!

Participant

Quote by: Maverick

Sweet find! I still vividly remember the moment I found my first (and only) axe head. You won’t forget this one for a long time. Congrats on a nice piece!

You are correct. Thank you

I am interested in finding out how old this axe is and what people did with an axe head such as this during this time period

Participant

Congrats on the axe, gives me incentive to find time and get out this spring. Lots of info at http://archaeology.uiowa.edu/ to browse through.

Participant

Lucky have been rocking for years and never found an axe. Yours looks full and in great shape.

Blocked

It would be nice to be able to see the pictures.

Participant

Quote by: wmgeorge64

you can

bigbuck31ptbigbuck31pt
    Participant

Quote by: popeandbooner

Quote by: wmgeorge64

you can

I can’t either for some reason

"In The Wind He's Still Alive" RIP Scott Ferris

Participant

Photobucket went to being a paid subscription I believe. Something like $99 a year if you want to link.

Blocked

Gee why would I say I can not “see” the pictures If I could. Never have an issue on other websites and trust me I am on a Lot of them!! And I am not paying $99 a year.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.