Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Filet knife

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

What do you use for an electric filet knife and would you purchase another when it craps out.

how long has it lasted. A Freind has had a couple and I know I won’t be buying one of them in the near future.

Oldbear
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m on my third one.  First two were American Angler. First one was very good and lasted a longtime but I don’t know how many years it was.  Cord went frayed where it met the motor and I liked it so well I got another.  There  is another blade I found at Walmart I believe was called a Sabre blade thats made for that brand which I liked also real well and has kind of a undercut blade and is narrower.  The second one didn’t last as long but not its fault because they drained the marsh and promiscuous fishing was allowed and everyone was snagging for carp and buffalo which ranged 25-35lbs and I just plain burnt the motor up.  Current one is a Rapala and is  very compaitable to the American Angler and has a little narrower handle but the Saber blade won’t fit it.  Dislike on the American handle  is quite thick even though I have big hands.  Between the two brands I’d say both are excellent.  I catch a lot of fish,a lot.  Actually 200+ days a year ha.  If there’s two models to choose from get, the better one.  Oh and I do use the 110 volt version but have a converter in the truck if not around electricity.  Using it will be a little different but practice makes perfect much faster when you get the hang of it and any waste will be around the ribs where theirs not much meat anyway.  The other brands are probably fine also though.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

smokepole
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have the battery operated Rapala ION. Haven’t even thought about using anything else since I bought it two years ago.

twdenney
    Participant
    Up
    Down

“I catch a lot of fish,a lot. Actually 200+ days a year ha.”

I am going to have to respectfully throw the FLAG on this one.  That is more that 3.8 days a year.  So every Monday thru Thursday fishing?  Hmmmm.

I have used the Mister Twister, and Rapala.   Rapala and Skinzit you can roll through a lot of pan fish in short amount of time.  Even substandard pan fish once you learn technique.  Especially if you have a buddy that is good at the knife and you can run Skinzit or vice versa!

Greg 57
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for the info.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.