Home Forums Hunting Waterfowling FAT BIKE Hunter – How bout you?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Fairly new to the area, been here a year and a half. I hunt the Hawkeye Management area with my bow when I’m  not out at my farm in Jackson County. Its been about 8 years since I’ve been duck Hunting. Heading out this year to rekindle the Duck Spirit. I’ve had a MoMarch FatBoy DP and a Gatortail Surface drive back in the day when I really pursued the Divers and Puddle Duck.

Looking to pal around in the outdoors with a like minded FAT Bike/ Mountain Bike Hunter. I have scouted a decent spot for Duck Opener. Requires biking back into the spot. Willing to share what I found. I’ve never hunted this place before so we’ll see how it goes.

Ive been around the block for almost 53 years now. I’m not a newb looking for your secret spot…I have plenty of my own (albeit not around here but im feeling pretty good about the scouting so far over the past year) I value my time spent with good people above all else when it comes to the outdoors.

I have Dekes and a good Lab (Peach) If you have a bike (and I am emphasizing this) and are interested in using that bike to Hunt and Fish for Trout and Deer and Ducks give me a reply.

Participant

as jackson county is not anywhere near worth county i don’t think we will be hunting together but I have been racking my brain and limited internet abilities trying to figure out if its legal to throw your shotgun or rifle in the case jump on your bicycle and ride to the woods! honestly my main concern is causing panic in town and dealing with law enforcement after some paranoid soccer mom or headcase calls local law enforcement for my simply simply trying to take advantage of a beneficial physical activity on the way to harvest some food. not trying to hijack your thread or change the direction of the convo, im just stuck at this moment and id rather spend my time in the woods downing tree rats and walking lines for the odd dove. its a good time to hit the woods as the mushrooms are popping and the meat is foraging. these early season small game hunts are most beneficial. they help reestablish good stalking and shot placement as well they reinforce patience. thinking aout those december slug shots on whitetails has me thinking. Aim small miss small and patience, patience, patience, patience! tree rats and post frost rabbits are the lead in to all of that.

Participant

Throw a gun sock over it and its considered cased. I dont see why it would be a problem but who know in todays day and age.

At the end of the day DNR officers are good men and women that love the outdoors. If someone files a complaint it would have to be valid and if you are familiar and operate within the law you should be good to go. If you ave questions call and ask and get to know your local game ans LE officers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.