Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum EASTERN IOWA SPORTS SHOW

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just wanted to put plug in for this small show. It’s located at the University Iowa Sports Dome. This is Waterloo Iowa. Small show, but they have boat dealers, fishing, few lodges. Lot of Rv/ Kayaks. Few seminats on different topics. Very nice show and fun to get away from town. Cost is minimal for entrance and NO I am not getting any money for this plug. Anyhow if nothing is shaking this weekend and your bored give it a try. Robbie.

Participant

Robbie It is at The UNI dome in Cedar Falls….. If you are there stop by the Fort Dodge CVB booth and say hi on Saturday. I will be here handing out The Iowa Sportsman Magazine.

Ed Juncker

Participant

I haven’t been for a couple years but was a regular attendee for several. I can’t speak on more recently than 3 years ago, but prior to that I felt every year it was a pretty decent show for the money.

Loomis13Loomis13
    Participant

If anybody happens to make it to the show tonight, stop by the Hank’s booth in the North end zone and say hi to Alex! FWIW Im’ Alex and will be working at that booth.

Participant

Wanted to go on Saturday, but looks like will be rush to go through on Friday. Robbie

Participant

Might try to make it up there. A friend found Noble Charters at this show years ago and we’ve gone with them a couple of times on a Lake Michigan trout/salmon charter. Pretty sure they discount charters sold at this show. http://noblecharters.com/

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant

My friends who operate PackSack Canoe Trips & Cabins (Ely,MN) will be there, great people. They used to be involved in Scouting in Winnebego Council when my dad was also a scout leader, and I was working at Ingawanis during my summers while I was in high school….which was “only” a couple years ago 😉

Participant

Quote by: CedarStorm1975

My friends who operate PackSack Canoe Trips & Cabins (Ely,MN) will be there, great people. They used to be involved in Scouting in Winnebego Council when my dad was also a scout leader, and I was working at Ingawanis during my summers while I was in high school….which was “only” a couple years ago 😉

I spent many days and nights at Winnebago and Ingawanis. Very cool, I’ll be driving right by but my dog will be with me and probably shouldn’t leave her in the truck that long. How much to get in?

Participant

Picked up my big Fish Award and the print was cool Musky in black and white. We walked around Friday night and met the vendors, salesman and saw all the neat stuff. Talked with Midwest Boats and have my small 2.3 hp honda motor ordered. Should push my sun Dolphin all day long. Excited to use this on small ponds and small lakes. Great show and the people are very friendly. Enjoyed the weekend and it has me thinking about spirng time crappies, rangefinders for elk and the sounds of summer camping. Bring it!

forgot to mention we headed down to DesMoines for the play Chicago. Great musical. All that Jazz. Robbie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.