Home Forums Miscellaneous Photography Eagle taking fish

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

a really up close view at an eagle taking a fish. wow this is amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYh7YjEiAfY

Participant

That was cool…. I can not catch it on camera but I have a couple of Des River lots by Ottumwa and an eagle nest on the island across from the lots. We get to see them fish and catch the open water several times a year. I thought I would only ever see someone else’s pics of it but we have been blessed many, many times seeing it. 😯 It is always an awesome sight…

Participant

What awesome birds, it’s neat watching them. I remember a time duck hunting on the upper Miss when my brother and I hit it a little late and I think the ducks had already gone through. The naked trees were littered with bald eagles and that was something to see. Much bigger than a bald eagle and certainly not an immature baldie, we had something checking out our decoys. Then it came down and tried to grab one, not a regular one but one of the mags. You could hear the sound of claws to plastic. Obviously that didn’t work and after the miss it went right over my boat, seemingly within reach. It had to have been a golden eagle but at the time I don’t believe there were supposed to be any up there. The only capture of that is what’s in my head but that’s ok. I’ll settle for it being one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.