Home Forums Hunting Upland Game E collar range problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a Garmin Upland collar and it doesn’t appear that the range for the shock is nearly what it used to be. In fact, if the dog is out more than 40 yards or so, I can’t get a response at all. I have replaced the collar battery this year but have never replaced the handheld battery as it appears to be taking a holding a charge just fine. Wondering if anyone has had this issue and what you did to solve it. Collar is about three years old. Thanks in advance.

Participant

The Collar Clinic has done a good job for me over the years. At 3 years old it could well use a tune up. They just did one for me last year. I thought it was the battery. So I bought one from them. That didn’t fix it. But they did deduct the battery price from the overhaul, since I bought it from them. There was a time limit on that though.

Participant

Quote by: mlindholm

I have a Garmin Upland collar and it doesn’t appear that the range for the shock is nearly what it used to be. In fact, if the dog is out more than 40 yards or so, I can’t get a response at all. I have replaced the collar battery this year but have never replaced the handheld battery as it appears to be taking a holding a charge just fine. Wondering if anyone has had this issue and what you did to solve it. Collar is about three years old. Thanks in advance.

Is it a delta? if it is they have had a lot of issues. I would got up to a pro sport.

Participant

Quote by: Spionhund

Quote by: mlindholm

Is it a delta? if it is they have had a lot of issues. I would got up to a pro sport.

I bought a delta 2 years ago to replace a very old G3, it is total garbage. It was very disappointing right from the beginning and only got worse.

I dont use a collar often enough now to justify investing in a new one though. Pro sport was not out at that time although appears to be a clone of the old G3. If it works like that one it would be great, otherwise pro 70 is not much more and used to be really good at least before Garmin bought them.

I would not invest $1 into my delta.

Participant

X2 for collar clinic. Great people, honest, fast, and I think will do trade ins IIRC…

Participant

Yeah, I steer everyone clear of Delta. But a good friend has been using the sport pro for 2 years now on her 5 shorthairs(they hunt and train hard) no issues.

Luckly my pro 200 with g3 collars are still holding on. LOL Im going to hate it when they die.

I am a dogtr dealer, but I like the features of the tri tronice better. But I am not happy with the switch to Garmin.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

X3 on Collar Clinic, they will give you a warranty too.

X3 on stay away from Garmin, unless you are paying $800 for the Alpha, anything short of a GPS collar go with Dogtra every time.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.