Home Forums Hunting Waterfowling Duck stamp to be $25!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: huntntrap

Quote by: TJC

Gas prices rise… everything else rises.

That is correct TJC, unfortunately, currently the rate of inflation is racing past the rate of wage increases.

I think there will be more room for everyone on the marshes this year if gasoline and food prices continue to climb. For some hunting is extra rather than primary, mortgage, gas to get to work, food and health insurance often at times (most) outweighs the extra stuff.

Yeah, i know what you are saying, but if it does get too bad, at least you will know how too hunt to feed your family. You just gotta try to find a positive. I’m just lucky that I chose to work for the gov. so I keep getting that raise every year, the health insurance, and a basic housing allowance to pay for everything else. I can even hook you up with all this, just gotta have a good law record, not be too heavy, not be too old, not have any major health problems, be a high school grad/ GED, and you get a gun 😀

Participant

But really, I don’t think $10 more is too much to ask to keep hunting ducks. I think i will find a way to afford it

Participant

I hear TJC,

I had that same offer about 25 years ago, then I found my self in Great Lakes Chicago!

If I would have been smart and stayed in (I only served a 3 year term). look where I would be now!

FeathersFeathers
    Participant

$25 buck’s for a federal duck stamp.Would I quit duck hunting?No Way!!!!
    If it scare’s alot of peaple from the increase and they decide to quit cause of that.To me that mean’s more Room in the public marsh’s to hunt.
    JMO

Feathers

Participant

I haven’t shot a duck or goose for seven or eight years,but I still buy the stamps.If you are really concered about these prices going up,you are not paying enough to attention to the econmy in a whole.This county is in the potty chair and it is going to take a couple of years or maybe decades to get it fixed.

Participant

😥 I dunno… maybe if I sold a couple more calls?

Participant

yep ill buy them decoys and so long to all you half timers at best :mrgreen:

Participant

i agree its complete crap but id pay it if it werre a hundred

Participant

Just some information to put things in perspective.

The duck stamp was last raised in 1991 with the King Eider stamp.

The cost became the current $15. Using the online inflation calculators that $15 in 1991 is equivalent to $23.25 in today’s money.

So while it is a large percentage one year increase it is not that different from what those of use that were hunting in 91 were paying.

Participant

Who gives a crap about 10 bucks, I bet most people on here “waste” way more that 10 dollars every week. This is just something else for some guys to get their panites in a bundle about. Look at how much the cost of a regular postage stamp has gone up in the last few years. If your really worried about spending an extra $10 to hunt, maybe you should get a new hobby. I hear quilting is relaxing, or if you wanna still be out side maybe try gardening. If you wanna pay the extra $10 and want to get some of that back (sort of), go hunting with a buddy and split the gas cost, thats my plan.

Participant

I kinda have to take some of the comments that I’ve heard as insulting. I gotta say that I’m a bit saddened that some of you are actually happy that numbers in your sport are going to shrink.

Participant

I agree, but sometimes you just gotta pay to play the game, if your not willing, maybe its not your game. I hate to see people leave, but it’s their choice, and the end result is more room and birds for the ones who stay.

Participant

$400 for decoys.
    $600 for shot gun.
    $150 for shells.
    $4000 for boat and blind.
    $70 for license.
    Waterfowl hunting with my kids “PRICELESS”.

d00buckd00buck
    Participant

Seems to me, the end result is less people hunting=less money in the coffers=less habitat and less birds? But that’s just my take on it! 😉

Participant

Quote by: TysonT

I agree, but sometimes you just gotta pay to play the game, if your not willing, maybe its not your game. I hate to see people leave, but it’s their choice, and the end result is more room and birds for the ones who stay.

Problem I guess I have is that I’m trying to play to many games at the same time. Between deer hunting, upland hunting, turkey hunting, fishing, waterfowling, bear hunting, etc. etc., waterfowl hunting is the most expensive sport to participate in. With the several hundred dollars I spend in just a few days duck or goose hunting a season I can afford to pay for a great deal of my other pursuits. Actually just giving up waterfowling will probably cover all of my other costs except gas for travel. Then maybe I can afford to go to the bar and pay for an overpriced beer 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.