Home Forums Hunting General Hunting dove hunting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

any build up in dove numbers. last 2 yer seems cold snap pushed dove out of area. i am not seeing good numbers yet but that can change over nite

Participant
    Up
    Down

You are absolutely correct! I think they really need to open the season earlier. Seems like a cpl of weeks and they move on. But oh man have i been seein lots of em in recent weeks. I’ve seen quite a few that look like they’ve swallowed softballs! :mrgreen:

Participant
    Up
    Down

Not sure where you guys are located, but they are thick as heck in W. Central part of the state right now. It is about 2 miles from my farm to the pavement, and I always see at least a dozen on the road or lines on the way to town.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Report from my buddy in Osceola Co and SW MN is that the migration really hasn’t started. He is, “seeing a few” while out scouting for the early MN goose opener. Have seen a few more birds in Story Co. But nothing crazy.

Participant
    Up
    Down

thanks that keeps an old fart hopes up

Participant
    Up
    Down

Did a little scouting yesterday afternoon and saw a few birds out, but nothing with impressive numbers. Might have been the time of day, but it seems dove hunting can also be hit or miss. Not sure if I will get a chance to go out tomorrow so we’ll have to see.

kelkel
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Just a reminder to not forget your plug in your gun. I would of until buddy reminded me.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Any luck for the guys that got out this morning?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Wallyman

Any luck for the guys that got out this morning?

Went out tonight and did well. Public land central iowa.

Participant
    Up
    Down

5 of us got our limits and quite a few others got their limits too. Saw plenty of birds.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Boy asgrow and myself got 17 Saturday am. Public plot, zero other hunters. If boyasgrow had more shells or could hit a few more…we would have killed more! :mrgreen:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.