Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting doesn’t look like I’ll be doing any bowhunting in the near future

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just found out today that since the area I bowhunt is federally owned it’s off limits as long as the government is shut down. Now I have to scramble to try and find somewhere else to hunt, which is going to be fun on such short notice.

Participant

I no how you feel just got a call last nite and the farmers ground I hunt said they are going to save it for the grand kids 2 hunt so yea sickn to my stomach and no place 2 go. Feel terrible. 😥

Participant

Quote by: peanut

I no how you feel just got a call last nite and the farmers ground I hunt said they are going to save it for the grand kids 2 hunt so yea sickn to my stomach and no place 2 go. Feel terrible. 😥

my situation doesn’t seem so bad now compared to yours. I’m sure my ground will be on again before the rut kicks in, it’s just going to be a major inconvenience right now, especially since I need to find a spot for my wife to hunt next weekend for early muzzleloader.

Participant

So if I go out to do some hunting around the Coralville Res. is someone actually going to show up and kick me out?I know they have gated some of the boat ramps but have they put no trespassing signs up on the Corp ground?

Participant

Quote by: jgib551

So if I go out to do some hunting around the Coralville Res. is someone actually going to show up and kick me out?I know they have gated some of the boat ramps but have they put no trespassing signs up on the Corp ground?

I’ve got some friends who have camping reservations that have run into this same issue. I figure that ‘we the people’ own that land anyway, not the federal government, and if no conservation officers are on duty, who’s going kick you out. I say go ahead and hunt it.

Participant

This doesnt apply to all of the Iowa DNR public hunting land, right>?

Participant

Quote by: beniah1066

No, that’s state owned….not federally owned

Participant

My wife and I have muzzleloader tags for the Desoto Bend October 19 & 20th antlerless hunt. It’s been a fall tradition that fills the freezer for the year…..As of right now the park is closed and the hunt is canceled. The second kick is that my wife is one of those “non-essential” gov’t employees.

Participant

Well, technically we all own that land, so… you have my permission to go in and hunt!

Participant

Quote by: Outdoor_Joe_26

My wife and I have muzzleloader tags for the Desoto Bend October 19 & 20th antlerless hunt. It’s been a fall tradition that fills the freezer for the year…..As of right now the park is closed and the hunt is canceled. The second kick is that my wife is one of those “non-essential” gov’t employees.

I’m signed up for the same hunt, fortunately haven’t purchased the tags yet so I’m not out any cash.
    Any idea if the archery areas are open since those are geographically outside the refugee gates?
    Sorry to hear about the wife’s job situation, hope they get in gear and get this settled.

Don

Participant

I hunt some army corp ground and was told to hunt it by a guy from the corp. He said he was told that its only campgrounds and day use areas and public hunting ground is not considered that since its not kept up like a playground or camp ground. if theres no sign at the entrance parking area then it is still open.

Participant

Hunt it and then call your congressman when you get a ticket (if you get a ticket)

Participant

HUNT IT. I would, you paid you taxes on time.

Why would rough timber ground be closed? Nobody was maintaining it before so this shouldn’t affect anything. Besides, no federal employees will be around to write you a ticket. Hunt it.

Participant

Quote by: 1luckyguy

Quote by: beniah1066

No, that’s state owned….not federally owned

What about corps land that is IADNR managed?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.