Home Forums Hunting General Hunting DNR Town Hall/Hunter Feedback/Listening Sessions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant

Thank you. Just added it to my schedule.

oldstylelightoldstylelight
    Participant

What types of things are discussed? All hunting/trapping regs? including waterfowl?

The only thing that would come to mind for me to bring up would be about the possibility of considering high powered rifles for deer hunting in the future. I would ask about that and voice my opinion AGAINST that.

Other than that, I believe our DNR does a pretty good job with seasons, etc, etc.

Participant

Quote by: oldstylelight

What types of things are discussed? All hunting/trapping regs? including waterfowl?

The only thing that would come to mind for me to bring up would be about the possibility of considering high powered rifles for deer hunting in the future. I would ask about that and voice my opinion AGAINST that.

Other than that, I believe our DNR does a pretty good job with seasons, etc, etc.

I believe all types of hunting including waterfowl are discussed. However I’m not sure if they included trapping in past years. If you’re happy with the way the DNR is doing things you may want to stop by and voice that opinion in person. Same goes with your opinion on high powered rifles. The more people we get to these meetings the better for us as a whole.

Participant

Is this being streamed that we can watch it live?

Participant

In the past it has been held using the Iowa Classroom Network (ICN). I’ve never heard of it being streamed live or even recorded and posted to YouTube.

Participant

How long can I expect this meeting will last?

Participant

They usually go about 3 hours depending on how many comments they have and how many technical difficulties there are.

Participant

It starts with a group discussion at your location. Topics include listing pros and cons of the previous hunting seasons, observations, recommendations, etc. From there it typically goes to group format where each location shares their list of pros and cons with the other locations via ICN video/audio feed. And yeah, it goes about 3 hours

Participant

I have found it very interesting to hear the comments from other parts of the state. We often think local and don’t consider possible impact in other parts of the state.

Participant

Excellent meeting. Very interesting the comments from various areas of the state.

Participant

Can I get some highlights? I wanted to go but couldn’t make it to Altoona or Boone last night.

Thanks in advance!

Participant

Was also planning to go but had a family conflict come up last night and couldn’t make it. I was going to suggest the lawful use of spears and/or atlatl during archery season.

Participant

Quote by: 1luckyguy

Was also planning to go but had a family conflict come up last night and couldn’t make it. I was going to suggest the lawful use of spears and/or atlatl during archery season.

Didn’t come up :mrgreen: but discussion on expanded use of crossbows did.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.