Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Custom Twister Tails

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The past few years we have great luck using a two colored 2 in. twister tail from Cabelas. Course they no longer make it, and i haven’t found anything like it searching the net. Is it worth getting started in doing it myself for just the one? I checked with a couple of companies that make custom plastics, but i don’t need 5,000 to 10,000 of them. Just want a 100 or so. Anyone make thier own and would be will to make some for me?

Participant

Could you possibly wait till Feb and hit up the Fisherman swap meet and stock up on tails there?

What is the color pattern you like?

Participant

Quote by: jkwildhunting

Could you possibly wait till Feb and hit up the Fisherman swap meet and stock up on tails there?

What is the color pattern you like?

This was my first thought too. Have bought tons from there in the past. At least one vendor had combos of all kinds……from body one color and tail another, to swirled colors, to speckled colors, and other patterns. I’ll be honest, I don’t usually get them there anymore as I like a salt impregnated brand, and those at the swap meet were not of that type. But if you are looking for straight plastic, the swap meet is the way to go if you can wait.

Participant

what color pattern are you looking for?

Participant

It can be pretty hard to find twister tails with the shape and action I want even in plain old white so I feel your pain. I don’t pour small plastics, but for bigger plastics if I want to get fancy with color I paint them after I pour them.

Participant

They are a 2 in ; light yellow body with a pink translucent tail.

Participant
    Participant

Check out Crappie.com forums. They have a DIY soft plastics forum. Maybe someone there makes something similar or would make them for you.

It’s probably not that tough to make them. I even thought about trying to make some soft plastics myself but never had the time.

Never know, you may even find a new hobby.

Participant

Quote by: iowabucks

Check out Crappie.com forums. They have a DIY soft plastics forum. Maybe someone there makes something similar or would make them for you.

It’s probably not that tough to make them. I even thought about trying to make some soft plastics myself but never had the time.

Never know, you may even find a new hobby.

Or it looks like you could just talk to some guys on there and make you some

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.