Home Forums Hunting Upland Game Custom Portrait of Your ‘Best Friend’

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/kathyshorses50003/

This is my Dad, Ron Smith. I was NOT an easy kid to raise, but he dedicated the little bit of free time that he had to introduce me to the outdoors. To show me how incredible and beautiful nature can be. And, to teach me how to hunt and fish. If it weren’t for this man in my life, I can honestly say, I wouldn’t have been introduced to the outdoors and would not be anything like the man I am today.

Dad worked a blue collar job his entire life to take care of his family’s needs, rarely taking vacation, and I don’t recall him ever taking a single sick day. A truely dedicated family man. A few years after retiring, he lost his wife of nearly 40 years, my Mom. Kathy entered his life and they began a new chapter together when they got married a couple of years ago. I couldn’t ask for a better step-mother, and my kids couldn’t ask for a better Grandmother. Kathy is a true blessing to our entire family.

Dad has never been able to stay idle for long, so he’s always got projects going on of one sort or another. (It’s more busy work than any BIG projects these days.) In between projects, Kathy asked him to take on something different. She asked him to create a custom portrait on old barn boards for her. I always knew Dad was naturally talented when it came to sketching and drawing, but I had no idea to what extent, and how much happiness and fulfillment it brought into his life. This is where Kathy’s Horses began.

Dad does custom portraits to order, specializing in dogs and horses. If you, or you know someone else who, would LOVE to have a custom portrait created of your ‘Best Friend’, please feel free to contact Ron and Kathy. You will cherish it forever, and Dad will enjoy producing it for you. You’ll probably get a kick out of him too. 😉 He does a few other crafty things as well, so you’ll just have to check out his FaceBook page to see everything that he offers.

I realize this is an advertisement, of sorts, and I apologize for that if it is not allowed. I’m just trying to get word out about something cool that a true local Mom & Pop shop can custom do for you.

Participant

Very cool!

Participant

Quote by: mhock

Very cool!

Thank you mhock. I think so too. I forgot to mention, you can provide the material (canvass) if you have something particular that you want the portrait created on. He just uses weathered barn boards, because they have a rustic and unique look to them, adding a ton of character to the art. His pieces look ‘good’ in the pictures taken of them, but they look ‘amazing’ in person. They look different as the lighting changes, almost like they actually cast their own shadows.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.