Crossbow tages2018-12-18T15:07:45-05:00

Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Crossbow tages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My question is how, do you get a crossbow tag for a youth..  That is  not handcaped ? I though you had to be, and have a paper from your doctor then sent it to the DNR to get it?

Loomis13Loomis13
    Participant

My understanding is that you do not get a crossbow tag, rather you can use a crossbow with a normal deer tag for the late season (perhaps early season muzzy as well?). As far as the youth using a crossbow during the normal bow season, that has not happened in Iowa yet.

Participant

Then he can use a crossbow for first and second shotgun, or just second shot gun?

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

schulzee, click on the following link to the hunting regulations and give them a read – https://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/huntingregs.pdf

the seasons crossbows are allowed for anyone is on page 32.

According to that table, the only “X” under crossbow is late muzzleloader season with a footnote saying residents only.

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

you’ll have to cut and paste that link into a browser tab.  when I change it to a clickable link my entire post disappears.  Must be a “glitch” as my son would say.  😉

Loomis13Loomis13
    Participant

I think Scruffy is correct. Only late season muzzy where you can use a crossbow without a cross bow permit. The crossbow doesnt apply to 1st or 2nd season shotgun.

Participant

That is correct and you have to be a resident.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!