Home Forums Fishing Panfishing Crappies around Ankeny

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Can anyone give me any spots to catch crappies from the shore in and around Ankeny?

Participant

Big creek isn’t too far away but I’m not sure how the bite is up there right now. I caught some crappie below the spillway a couple weeks ago though.

Participant

Anyone ever have any luck catching crappies around the splash park or the baseball fields.

Participant

Quote by: webbgolf1

Can anyone give me any spots to catch crappies from the shore in and around Ankeny?

Big Creek, caught 19 crappie Friday, and 21 on Saturday (from a boat). They are still deep on brush piles. There is one easy brush pile to get to from shore that I did well on. PM me, or email: [email protected]

jim

Participant

Quote by: webbgolf1

Anyone ever have any luck catching crappies around the splash park or the baseball fields.

i have caught eater crappies at the aquatic park pond through the ice in the past. it’s been a few years since i’ve been back though. got associated (incorreclty) by a police officer as being part of a group that had been frequenting the pond and leaving piles of trash. I got accused.. because I was hauling it out. how that logic works was beyond me.. ankeny cops…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.