Crappie bite/spawn2019-05-10T05:54:49-05:00

Home Forums Fishing Panfishing Crappie bite/spawn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody have any good experiences yet on the Crappie bite and/or spawn?  I haven’t found any significant bank bombers yet………..still waiting, and the weather hasn’t been helping much.  So far it’s spotty at best for me.  Need some decent stable weather…………..like soon!

cowboycowboy
    Participant

Well, I replied with a couple of pics, but it must have gone to spam or something.  Guess the world will never know.

kelkel
    Participant

Same here, I have lost a number of posts in thin air??????????

Participant

What’s up with that……losing pics & posts?  Admittedly, and probably like most users, I used to watch the posts on the old site.  It took SO long…..that I lost interest.  Guess maybe there are reasons that the forums are almost non-existent anymore?

Was out on Coralville Reservoir last night, trying for some crappie and to see where we’re at spawn wise.  Didn’t catch a lot, but caught some nice ones……one 13.5″.  Caught a few little bucks too.  Main lake water temp was 57, and a couple cove were over 60 early evening.  The fish I did catch were closer to the bank…..all within about 6 ft of the bank.  Had one female and the rest males.  The nice one was a male.

Guessing it is about time.  Cheers

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Spawn is already over in northern MO. I will bet southern IA is also close to being done, if it’s not already.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

According to my Lilac bushes it should start in a few days.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

primitiveprimitive
    Participant

Need a couple days of sunshine, warm the water up.  crazy weather here.

primitive

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Ran out to the local lake last night for a couple hours. Crappies are still out deep. Gills are moved up and full of eggs. No nests yet though. Needs to warm up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!