Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting coyote stuffed or tanned

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got a beautiful red male today. I live in Ames…does anyone know a good taxidermist close that would do a good job on either a full body mount or tanning?

Thanks a lot,

Participant

Ben at Sleepycreek tannery has tanned some stuff for me that turned out real well. He is in Wellsburg, sorry that is not real close. 64one 485 217two

Participant

InEllsworth Kim’s taxidermist

Participant

If your gonna get it tanned. You might wanna check out Usa Foxx Furs. http://www.usafoxx.com. Pretty good prices for tanning. The taxidermist that I took my deer head to told me about them.

Participant
    Participant

You better search for plenty of reviews on USA Fox Furs before you use them…. All I’m gonna say…

If you are in Ames it would be close enough to check out Specialty Leather in Boone.

http://www.specialtyleather.com

Participant

Quote by: yotehunter50276

You better search for plenty of reviews on USA Fox Furs before you use them…. All I’m gonna say…

If you are in Ames it would be close enough to check out Specialty Leather in Boone.

Did you have a bad experience with them?? I havent used them personally but the taxidermist recommended them… The guy that ran the bait shop in afton also had good things to say. He showed me some of the furs he sent to them. Looked good to me? My boy caught a big beaver he was gonna send to them so id like to here what you know. Thanks.

Participant

Do you have a picture of it?

Participant

Sleepy Creek has two of my coyotes that should be done real quick…….the furs that he had done looked awesome so i’ll let you know when i get mine back in a week or so. $65 bucks to flesh, peel the ears and nose and tan.

I’ll post some pics soon. Real nice guy as well.

PG

Participant

Quote by: crappii

Quote by: yotehunter50276

Did you have a bad experience with them?? I havent used them personally but the taxidermist recommended them… The guy that ran the bait shop in afton also had good things to say. He showed me some of the furs he sent to them. Looked good to me? My boy caught a big beaver he was gonna send to them so id like to here what you know. Thanks.

a friend of mine sent a real nice mid winter coyote out to them to get tanned it was the first coyote he called in. and after 5 months of given him the run around they finally told him they lost his fur. they then gave him a meazely $20 for his loss.

Participant

i sent 2 yotes fleshed,salted and dryed to moyles mink & Taxidermy in Idaho. Not sure what kinda job they do but you send em out ther ready to be tanned and they send you a confirmation letter that they recieved them, and with that letter you send them the payment along with the return shipping. For a yote they get $22 i bielieve. Guess we will see what kinda job they do.

Participant

Im thinking that getting it tanned and or a rug made might be the best way to go. My daughter wants to hang it in her room.

what about a body mount…I’ve seen a few coyote mounts and the head/face is always the tricky part…anybody know of a taxidermist that has done a few coyotes with good results.

Again, thanks for the responses

Participant

Quote by: tmullen

Do you have a picture of it?

I do, but have forgotten my id and password for the website that I store pictures on in order to post them on here. I could start over I suppose.
    I wish it was easier to post a photo on these forums…simply uploading it would be nice.

I may have some time tonight to mess around with it tonight and see if I can post one…good looking coyote

Participant

Quote by: Ruger+204

what about a body mount…I’ve seen a few coyote mounts and the head/face is always the tricky part…anybody know of a taxidermist that has done a few coyotes with good results.

I was going to give u that exact advice when it comes to predator mounts. I’ve seen a few yotes/fox/cats that got absolutely butchered by taxis who are typically very good with your standard deer/birds/fish.

Participant

USA fox gets some bad reviews, but they do have a fancy brochure……..
    Moyles does good work, i have a few in the shed.

There is not much need to salt something that has been fleshed and dried.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.