Home Forums Trapping / Fur Handling Trapping Coyote population

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: svridersv

Quote by: iamike304

Quote by: svridersv

Quote by: iamike304

Absolute ton of them here in SW IA. Cant keep up on killing them.

Where you at in sw iowa? In council bluffs and it’s been rough

I am in CB as well. Been hunting them near PJ/Glenwood. Cant keep up. Ordered some traps recently, getting everything together to start trapping them for the first time. I have been calling them/shooting them from late summer all the way through deer season. Probably put 12-15 down since September, and not even making a dent. Trail cams are still full of them. They are out at 8-11am in the landowners yard on a regular basis still.

Nice. I haven’t really tried to hard yet. Waiting for duck and deer season to get over. I head to Wyoming for 6 days starting the 27th to hunt coyotes, but plan to get after them when I get back. If you need any help send me a message and we can team up on them.

Do I know you? Chris Haynes.
    Haven’t found too many people around CB that hunt coyotes.

No, doubt you know me. I just moved here in May, and only moved to Iowa in 2015. Id be more than happy to team up on some this winter. I have access to a couple private spots. They arent huge, but have a ton of yotes on them. Im still learning a lot about it, as im fairly new to targeting them. I shot 8 with my bow last year while deer hunting, but this is really the first year I have been targeting them. Ill shoot you a PM with contact info.

Participant

No doubt there is a ton of songdogs this year, and yes, the fur has definitely left a lot to be desired. The weather has been the best in many years for trapping (using footholds). I still think the fur may be better in a week or two.

Participant

No doubt there is a ton of songdogs this year, and yes, the fur has definitely left a lot to be desired. The weather has been the best in many years for trapping (using footholds). I still think the fur may be better in a week or two.

Im thinking the same thing Tom. Were suppose to get a cold snap and possible snow which would help but I must say its still been a good year calling with all the yotes around. Hope things are going well for you..

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.