Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Coralville Reservoir

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey, is anybody hearing or experiencing any crappie success on Coralville yet? The water is rising and up and it’s got to be turning on any time now…..if not already. Thinking about trying it in the next few days. Thanks

Participant

Saw a guy the other day fishing in a boat right at the McBride spill way. he was fishing minnows under a bobber and was catching quite a few. We caught some in a cast net that looked to be full of eggs. I’d say they might be on a prespawn bite right now. Also saw a few people in some of the bays fishing too.

L8R…Ken

Participant

Thanks Ken. Interesting that the weekly DNR report suggests that the spawn is pretty much over……I find that hard to believe with the weird weather we have had. Did you happen to remember what the water temp was?

Participant

I don’t think I would fish the rez….. there are no fish in there………..

Participant

Quote by: Mengo

Thanks Ken. Interesting that the weekly DNR report suggests that the spawn is pretty much over……I find that hard to believe with the weird weather we have had. Did you happen to remember what the water temp was?

Tuesday evening it was 73, tonight it was 68. Cooling off and shutting the fish down. Was a tough bite for cats tonight. Very light bite and a lot of short bites. Had bites everywhere we tried, but light.

Good luck with your crappie quest.

L8R…Ken

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.