Home Forums Fishing Panfishing Coralville or McBride Crappies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Heading that way this weekend. Wondered if anyone was catching any crappies at Coralville or McBride?

Participant

McBride

Participant

I’ve heard that Macbride is going pretty good but the size is going to be marginal (8″-10″) with the occasional 12″. Whereas Coralville seems to be a little slower right now but if you find a good school you may average 12″ fish.

I like to fish the res because you never know when you might get a 15″+.

Participant

My dad and I have always had good luck at the right time of the year at Coralviille on teh high banks by Mahaffey Bridge. Is this where we should start? thanks for the tips.

Participant

Never fished for crappies at McBride. Do you just find a brush pile and start fishing??

Participant

This time of year I usually find them back near shore
    again at Macbride.Locate downed trees and fish off the deeper water ends of them.Brush piles, many which are visible on the surface, are also productive.One of my favorite fall spots is along the rocky causeway on the south arm.Also good for walleye in the fall.

Participant

What jgib551 says. I fish from shore and fish the lake often. Sometimes tight to shore. Sometimes with a casting bobber out to the far structure next to deeper water.
    Sometimes early or midmorning, or middle of the afternoon. Never know when the bites gonna happen in the fall. The hard winter did take it’s toll.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.