Home Forums Miscellaneous Outdoor Quotations Cooperisms

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As a guy with two first names, I should like to object. Remember
    1 perfect is the enemy of good
    2as my avatar says, how come there is never time enough to do it right yet there is always time to do it over again
    3if you make it idiot proof, they’ll make a better idiot
    4despite the high cost of living, it remains popular
    5 he who finds good in everyone, hasn’t met everyone
    6never create conflict when you know you can’t win
    7 “Dr…. a lot of acceptable results are lost trying to attain the optimal.

doc

Participant

OK, here is the whole list of all that I took the time to write down:
    1. Give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he’ll quit showing up to work.
    2. If you find yourself always surrounded by idiots, look in the mirror to find the common denominator.
    3. A small accomplishment out trumps a big dream everytime.
    4. If you always walk with a bounce in your step, people behind their privacy fences will think you’re riding a pony and be jealous.
    5. Reality is only there for those not strong enough to live in my fantasy world.
    6. Ignore imperfections in others and your own will remain a secret to you.
    7. Even if you were walking on egg shells, they’d break. So quit being so timid and go make some omeletes.
    8. When someone says they are not laughing at you, they’re laughing with you, look in a mirror. If you don’t
    see a smile, I have bad news for you.
    9. Never judge a book by its cover, unless of course if the pages are blank, in which case look the cover over
    really good.
    10. There is a fine line between being over optimistic and being a lunatic.
    11. You can acquire a taste for tag soup, but stupid shot stew is terrible no matter how it’s served.
    12. Wealth is not measured by the amount of worldly goods you amass while you are here, but by how long and how fondly you’re remembered after you’re gone.
    13. Hunting is not just about taking your prey. It’s about distancing yourself from civilization, communing with God, finding your center and hoping you are rewarded with bounty.
    14. The wise man acknowledges what he does not know. The fool does not have the wisdom to acknowledge his ignorance.
    15. if you want to invest in your future and want returns second to none, take stock in God.
    16. If you look into someone’s eyes as they speak to you, you will know their meaning no matter what is said.
    17. It is better to spend our dying years living than it is to spend your living years dying.
    18. Love is when you want health and happiness more for someone else than you want it for yourself.
    19. Having a baby does not make you a parent, dedicating the rest of your life to a child’s welfare does.
    20. The past can be a heavy burden, the longer you carry it with you the more it will wear you down.
    21. The path you take to the end is unimportant. It’s what you do to improve the path for others that counts.
    22. If you let others set your goals for you, you may reach their concept of your potential, but you will never reach your real potential.
    23. There is a direct correlation between your perception of the world around you and your quality of life.
    24. If someone calls and asks if they can ask you a question, answer “yes” then hang up, because if you don’t, they’ll ask another question.
    25. There’s a time for reality and a time for dreaming. It’s best not to confuse the two.
    26. The best medicine for stress does not come in a bottle, it comes in a change of scenery.
    27. It’s better to question the teacher than to be taught wrong.
    28. The optimist quickly determines it’s half full, the pessimist half empty, the obsessive compulsive spends the rest of the day trying to determine which it is.
    29. If you forgive a transgressor who shows no remorse, you have validated his behavior.
    30. Words can leave wounds that will never heal.
    31. Don’t expect people to change to fit your image of them and you won’t disappoint yourself.
    32. If you really want to mess with someone’s head, occasionaly throw out a rhetorical answer.
    33. Since the greatest gift you could ever receive was given to you by someone you never met, the greatest gift you could ever give would be to a total stranger.
    34. If you want to leave your footprint in the sand, you have to be brave enough to take your first step.
    35. If you find life passing you by too fast, take your foot off the accelerator and coast a while.
    36. Look with your eyes to find your keys, your mind to find the answer and your heart to find faith.
    37. Whoever takes an active interest in their child’s education will have a well educated child.
    38. If you don’t care and tend to your home, eventually you won’t have a home. If you don’t care and tend to the earth….
    39. An item earned will be cared for 10 times more than an item received as a gift.
    40. Measuring the value of your own deeds is meaningless. How others perceive them is priceless.
    41. End each conversation with family and friends with “I love you” and their will never be questions after you are gone.
    42. A baby will mimic your every move. It is a great responsibility knowing some insignificant action today can change the whole world tomorrow.
    43. Bigotry is a defense mechanism of the ignorant to protect their unjustified egos.
    44. A blind man can see beauty better than a sighted man because his eyes can’t interfere with the view.
    45. Own your actions and you will never be owned.
    46. When you carry a grudge, the only one it affects is you and your loved ones.

Participant

Sorry to “hijack” you’re thread…write a book if you want the spotlight

Participant

Quote by: ringnckhntr

X2. Well said, ringnckhntr.

Participant

Quote by: ringnckhntr

Not sayin don’t post your own, all I was sayin is I’ve heard most of the others before.

Participant

Some good one’s that my dad told me when I was a teen.

1. Drive like hell, and you will get there.

2. If you got a pretty girl in the truck with you, there is absolutely no reason you should get pulled over for speeding. You should not be in a hurry to get anywhere.

And a few from my time in the Army

3. If you’re not dead, you still have something to give.

4. It always seems worse when you’re doing it, but once you’re done, you’d probably do it again.

Participant

Quote by: TysonT

2. If you got a pretty girl in the truck with you, there is absolutely no reason you should get pulled over for speeding. You should not be in a hurry to get anywhere.

4. It always seems worse when you’re doing it, but once you’re done, you’d probably do it again.

I like your dad’s sayings. My Grandmother used to say “No matter how much you think your crap don’t stink, your farts give you away every time.” The ones I heard in the military I cannot repeat on here.

Participant

My Grandfather said this to me many times in regards to having a serious girlfriend or fiance, ” It’s not the initial cost its the upkeep” He was a very smart man….

Participant

Quote by: iowa+veteran

Quote by: TysonT

I like your dad’s sayings. My Grandmother used to say “No matter how much you think your crap don’t stink, your farts give you away every time.” The ones I heard in the military I cannot repeat on here.

Yeah, those were the most PC and PG-13 Military ones I could think of. I could write a book with all my Army/military sayings, most of them bring back fond (or otherwise) memories too.

Participant

——If you want to be smart hang out with smart people !! ———Real men do not watch or play with balls of any kind. ——–Only man of all living things ,foolisly strives to be other than what he was intended to be untill life marks him a misfit. ——-Concider the plants and animals of the field ,how they live.Does a mountian lion attempt to fly? An apple tree bear morel mushrooms for fruit?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.