Home Forums Miscellaneous General Banter Complaining

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It’s not that the new site is bad, and it’s not what’s going to ruin it. It’s the guys/gals doing all the complaining on here that’s going to ruin it. The things free for crying out loud.

Participant

Exactly what I was thinking. Patience…

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

And right now it’s a lull period for the hunting posts, being between spring turkey season and the fall/winter hunting seasons.  Many people are busy with kids activities, little league, etc, school is or has just wound down.  Many have spring work projects and the late snows of winter delayed them and now it’s already hot summer weather with seemingly just a week between…  Gardening is just getting going good with stuff coming up.  Legislature has pretty much wound down for the year for firearm stuff to talk about.  It’s a slow time.

Things might pick up from here.  If people post stuff to talk about.

papadudepapadude
    Participant

Will the site ever be the same? NO. But who cares? The same PEOPLE are here, and that’s what its about to me, sharing my time in the field and on the water with the friends I’ve met here. I for one want to thank Patrick for the site. Look at it as if you have found a NEW outdoor site and enjoy it. Some starving people will complain about the food when given a free meal, so I say let them go hungry. Thanks again Patrick and crew.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

It might take getting a little used, like anything else, but it will be fine. The only thing I thought would be improved is one previously banished membet is already back on here complaining and acting juvenile about something that is FREE…..

bullhead44bullhead44
    Participant

I dont have Facebook or any other social media, this is it.  Its nice to be able to have a site with like minded Sportsman.  There always seems to be a twit no matter lol. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer thus far

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

When a business comes in and takes over a website that was run by regular guys and promises to make it “better” and doesn’t there’s some merit in complaining.
    It took a full six months after the site was supposed to be done to get it up and now that it is it still doesn’t function correctly. This would be a major failure in any other industry.
    Don’t get me wrong, I hope one day it does function well, and people stick around to support it, but the idea that you shouldn’t complain about something that is not functioning to promised expectations doesn’t do anyone favors. Sitting by and saying, ya, it will eventually get better, when it never does, never accomplishes anything. As for it being free, if you buy the magazine subscription and atlas it is not free, it is part of the “service”.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Maybe you enjoyed all the spam that made this site unreadable.  I did not!  To me, that alone makes this site a much improved product.

WapelloMarkWapelloMark
    Participant

I think it takes a lot of gall and ungratefulness to complain when it’s free, easy to use and we’re guests?what’s not to like ?

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

I think it takes a lot of gall and ungratefulness to complain when it’s free, easy to use and we’re guests?what’s not to like ?

Amen!! It might be a little slow, but that can be fixed and im sure theyre working on it. Everybody else thats complaining needs to shut their hole and quit whining about a free product. Most of the people whining are always causing problems and pot stirring anyway (tw, setter) so maybe they should just go away.

papadudepapadude
    Participant

Amen!! It might be a little slow, but that can be fixed and im sure theyre working on it. Everybody else thats complaining needs to shut their hole and quit whining about a free product. Most of the people whining are always causing problems and pot stirring anyway (tw, setter) so maybe they should just go away.

That is my exact thought on it also. If it’s so bad why don’t they leave and find a site that caters to them. It takes an ungrateful person to knock someone who is working to improve something that is free. So thanks Patrick and so you know their are more of us that appreciate your effort than there are of those who like to complain.

patrickpatrick

Thanks for the good words guys!  Its all good…complaining is human nature, even when you provide a free service the past ten years for a community.   But I get the frustration people are feeling over the change, the slowness, etc.  But this is a brand new site we haven’t fully launched yet.  We are still in the midst of getting this thing running at full capacity.   Again, we haven’t made a general announcement yet or marketed the new site because we wanted a small amount of users to help us  iron out all the bugs.

Something new will always take time to get used to.  The other site was 18 years old and was a daily routine for folks, but that is gone because the SPAM was a nightmare and the software was outdated.  Now we are ready to provide users with a much more modern site that still has forums, but can now offer more content, connect you with social media, essentially  tie all the products into one.  Again thanks for the supporters, and for people not happy take a break from the site and come back in a few weeks.

I ask for patience.   If you must complain send it to me.  All you are doing by complaining to the other users is bringing the site down before it gets going.  Thanks!

Participant

I still check in about once a day or so. Never really posted much on the old site, but learned a lot.

Been busy mowin and tree trimming and goin on lots of walks. Pretty boring stuff to post about.

WapelloMarkWapelloMark
    Participant

Does it count when ya complain about the heat ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.