Home Forums Miscellaneous Love it….Hate it… Cloudy headlights

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Kens avitar to Oldbear……….ssssssssBOOOMMMM!!!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Oldbear

Quote by: kenhump

I have cleared headlights and plexiglass boat wind screens with Rain-X. Clean, let dry , rub in coat and let dry. After couple hours to dry well, buffalo out and apply second coat.

Where do you keep that Buffalo at Ken.

Sometimes I really hate.spellcheck. 👿

Participant
    Up
    Down

Products with Deet, are bad news for plastics or painted surfaces. I used Deep Woods Off, but LEARNED to spray it AWAY from those things!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: delmuts

Products with Deet, are bad news for plastics or painted surfaces. I used Deep Woods Off, but LEARNED to spray it AWAY from those things!

Yes – using bug spray to clear the haze on your headlights is actually *melting* the top layer of the headlight. If you’re going to do that, you might as well buy the new lenses now.

Participant
    Up
    Down

x2 for the Turtle Wax kit. I just pulled mine off the shelf in the closet to see if there was a specific model number for you. It’s the Turtle Wax Headlight Lens Restorer. “Heal & Seal Technology Increases Clarity, Brightness & Visibility!” I don’t know about inanimate objects being able to be healed, but I used it on my 2006 Honda Ridgeline back in March. The headlights still looked great right up until I smoked a deer with it on August 2nd. My new Ram doesn’t need it yet, but I’ve got enough left in the kit to do a couple applications. Follow the instructions and you’ll be good to go.

Participant
    Up
    Down

It ‘Melts’ the top layer of the headlight 😯 and I put this sh_t on my skin 🙁

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Stizos

It ‘Melts’ the top layer of the headlight 😯 and I put this sh_t on my skin 🙁

Yep. Get a can of 40-50% DEET bug spray, and find a piece of plastic you don’t care about (old watch face/band, old cell phone you don’t use anymore, etc.) and spray some of the bug spray on it.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.