Climber Stands 2018-08-31T10:24:13+00:00

Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Climber Stands

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am thinking about buying one to hunt on public land. I don’t have any private spots lined up, so this may be my only option for archery season. Does anybody have any experience with hunting out of this style of stand? Any safety or comfort recommendations?

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

I have a steel stand I use, the older I get the more I dislike it as it does get heavy packing in and out. A lot of times I will leave it hanging on the tree (private ground) and use it the next day if I plan on hunting that tree again. My advice is to go aluminum. Carry a small saw to help trim branches. I attached a 20 ft retractable dog leash on the bottom of my stand to hoist the bow up with once I get set in the tree. If you buy one, practice climbing with it before actually trying to hunt out of it. You will have to learn to get the stand angled properly as the tree will taper (most of the time) the higher you go.

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

Lone Wolf sit & climb.  Pricey but light weight, quiet & comfortable.  I usually pack it in in the afternoons,  leave it at the base of the tree overnight,  then pack it out when I leave the next day.  I bought a summit stand too at a Cabelas in-store sale once,  but still have never used it even to try  because I like the lone wolf that much.

bear24
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.