Home Forums Hunting Waterfowling Chest wader recommendations?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I had a pair of lightweight cabela’s boot foot chest waders with armor reinforced nylon uppers that the boots finally dry rotted and started leaking. The boots were insulated and I got 8 years of hard use out of them.  But when I looked at the cabela’s web site I was not sure which pair they currently sell are a good replacement pair. Since cabela’s sold not sure they are the best value or not. I fish and hunt in these but have a heavy pair of neoprene waders for late season hunting so I’m looking for a lighter pair to replace these. Recommendations?

Whip

Participant
    Up
    Down

I had a similar situation.  Have been wearing Cabela’s waders for a long time.  But these days, since Bass Pro acquired Cabela’s, their waders are so very limited and now inferior.  I doubt that you would really like what they offer, as they are not even close to the quality they for so long had.  Quite similar to most everything I have experienced at Cabela’s since the change.  I have been about as die hard as one could be with Cabela’s for over 30 years; no more.  It’s a lot different place now…..our beloved Cabela’s is gone!

I just bought a pair of Frog Togg waders this past weekend.  After consternating for close to a year and having wet legs and feet, I finally bit the bullet.  I was told that they are a good quality wader………….time will tell.

Cheers

Participant
    Up
    Down

I was told Bass Pro was going to keep the same quality of hunting clothes that Cabela had before they bought out Cabela.

But I’m not thinking that is the case.

I have a pair of Cabela MTO50 Parka and Bibs and purchased a replacement set for when my off set finally craps out. The BPS stuff is no where near what the Cabela MTO 50 gear was.

Now that BPS has purchased Sportsman’s warehouse. Who knows what we will end up with.

BPS is cornering the market.

I wonder who’s next on their list.

OH, whip, sorry I can’t help you with your question. Quit Duck hunting years ago. Just couldn’t find anyone that want to go any more

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.