Home Forums Fishing Bowfishing CENTRAL IOWA BOWFISHING SPOTS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have been bowfishin the desmoines area for about 2 years and have become kinda stumped as to finding new carp spots….so i was thinkin how about a spot exchange kinda thing…. any spots anyone is willing to let out? personally i like the spillway and along the banks about a mile or two down

Participant

NoStatOuo, welcome to website, be sure to fill out your Bio so we know you name an were your from. What spillway do you shoot. I have a couple of spots that I shoot and do pritty good, that I might be able to show you or take you too.

Participant

well it looks like one thing we have in common other than bowfishing is our last name. i live in the des moines area and the spillway im talking about is the saylorville. thanks for the help

Participant

David do you shoot out of a boat or just on land. I shoot saylerville all the time. They need to let more water out below saylerville so the carp get thrown up in the rocks its fast shootin but its fun.

Participant

never shot out of a boat. i shoot off the wall or on the riff raff all the time. ive got some nice ones over there, thats where i used to fish all the time so i know it pretty well.

Participant

Welcome aboard. All I gotta say is GET A BOAT!!! It is the way to go. 😀

Participant

David, dont worry I’ll take you out on my boat anytime. Day or night I dont care when. I rather go out at night because its so much more fun. How old are you David, what do you prefer Dave or David

Participant

18 and David. Do you have relatives in southern iowa by any chance?

Participant

David, no I dont think I have any relatives in southern Iowa. I’m going to salerville tonight when I get off work at 5:00 try and catch some fish and see if there is any carp up and about.

Participant

David, no I dont think I have any relatives in southern Iowa. I’m going to salerville tonight when I get off work at 5:00 try and catch some fish and see if there is any carp up and about.

Participant

opp’s 😆

Participant

where at? im goin to a stars game but i might stop by on the way through

Participant

where at?

Participant

Well I dont know what I’m doing now. I just talked to the guy that refs for the Stars he live’s at my apartment’s he offred me 2 free tickets. I think I might go with the free tickets and go fishing tomarrow. BOY OH BOY I dont know yet. I do like fishing. :question: 🙄 :question:

Participant

wow what a coincidence. are

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.