Home Forums Miscellaneous General Banter Cell phone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am paying 160/mo.for a two phone plan.I still use a flip phone and may only use it a couple of times a day.I am wondering if I would be better off with a trac phone.My wife does use her smart phone quite a bit.

Participant

ATT? We both have smartphone and our bill phone charges are half that.

Participant

u

US cellular. I reset all my data and minutes to see what I am actually using.

Participant

One other consideration, service. We have Verizon and have had excellent coverage. We have been places where ATT sux. If you want 4G, go Verizon.
    We also have WIFI with 12 gigs data a month. Extra money but we run nook, laptop and PC off it

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

We have 1000 minutes a month with US Cellular on two flip phones and costs $87. @ month. Most of the calls are from wife to daughter etc. and beings the daughter has US Cellular also theirs no charge of minutes to either phone. We don’t have texting either though. Another daughter from Des Moines has Verizon and when she comes to our house has no reception.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

Quote by: Oldbear

We have 1000 minutes a month with US Cellular on two flip phones and costs $87. @ month. Most of the calls are from wife to daughter etc. and beings the daughter has US Cellular also theirs no charge of minutes to either phone. We don’t have texting either though. Another daughter from Des Moines has Verizon and when she comes to our house has no reception.

We’re on the same plan. Never had any problem getting service with US Cellular anywhere, I don’t know where you’re from but in our area 50256 AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile all have very poor if any signal, no problem here with Verizon. We can receive texts free but costs to send one.

Participant

I just went and got a Virgin phone. Their plan is awesome. Coverage not so much so. But worth the look, just be careful about coverage.

Participant

For what it is worth 3 months ago we switched to Straight Talk from Walmart that used Verizon towers. I have a simple flip phone that cost $49 and $30 a month gives me 1000 minutes of talk and 1000 texts and some data time. My wife got a smart type phone for only $29 at Christmas time and her plan is $45 a month and gives unlimited talk, text and data. In this area we have very good service and dropped our monthly phone costs from $140 to just $75 per month with more data and texts, and the savings in the first month paid for both phones. We just buy new cards each month and renew instead of having to send in a bill and payment which sometimes were not posted in a timley manner or the bills could be incorrect. I am not crazy about Walmart, but this seems to be working out well for us.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.