Home Forums Hunting Reloading Case Trimming

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there, new to the forums and reloading. I am impressed by the wealth of information you guys are putting on here! Hope to see a lot more! GOOD JOB!!!

With that being said, my question has to do with case trimmers. Id like to invest in a nice case trimmer but am very up in the air on which way to go. I think Ive looked at every possible one out there but cant quite decide! I honestly like the lee hand held trimmer it seems so simple! I have all hornady equipment as far as press, scale, primer, measure, and dies. Should I stick with hornady for a trimmer!? Or others!?

topH20terrortopH20terror
    Participant
    casey_leecasey_lee
    Participant

I haven’t actually looked at a Wilson till you mentioned it! It looks like a fine tool, does the case holding aid in a clean cut?

topH20terrortopH20terror
    Participant

Quote by: casey_lee

I haven’t actually looked at a Wilson till you mentioned it! It looks like a fine tool, does the case holding aid in a clean cut?

I think it does, yes.

topH20terrortopH20terror
    Participant

The other thing I like about it is the fact it is easily clamped to my bench when I use it to trim and then I can store it out of the way when I’m not using it. I use a big clamp to hold it to my bench. Here’s a pic I just took to show you what I mean……………

Participant

My personal favorite trimmer is the Kwik Case Trimmer I have trimmed 4000 pieces of .223 brass with mine so far. Chuck it up in a drill press and off you go. I also use the drill press adapter to hold a RCBS Chamfering/Deburring tool and do all that with the drill press as well.

https://www.possumhollowproducts.com/KWICK_CASE_TRIMMERS.html

Kent

Redding makes a nice one. I like mine so far.

casey_leecasey_lee
    Participant

Trevor, that trimmer looks like I could chuck up and turn a crank shaft lol!

Participant

I had a Wilson trimmer and they work very well ,but for trimming alot of cases I took the plunge and bought a rcbs power pro trimmer. It is a great trimmer, it trims, chamfers and deburs the cases all in one deal. Takes a little time to get the cutters set up, but once it is you can trimm alot of cases in no time.

Participant

I run a lyman with the power adapter to use a power screwdriver. I use a small rechargeable drill. Once set up it will trim cases fast. One thing make sure you get the carbide cutter. It will last alot longer than the standard. I debur and chamfer with my RCBS case prep center.

Participant

I used the RCBS with the 3-way attachment, which chamfer and deburs all in one shot.

Participant

I have the RCBS trim-pro,but since I got the WFT by Little Crow Industries I haven’t used it since….

Participant

If you do quite a bit of trimming, look at the giraud trimmer out of Texas. I love mine.

Lyman just came out with a slick setup. You get the 4 most common sizes and can use a cordless drill if wanted. Sportsmans has them for $25.

Participant

+1 on the Wilson Trimmer. Its very nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.