Home Forums Hunting Firearms Carry gun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Trying to o decide on a carry gun, going between the Glock 43 single stack, ruger lc9, or a Springfield xds. They all feel good in the hand. Pros cons from experience with any of these.

Participant

If they all feel good and point where YOU aim, then the choice would be in function. Safety, mag release, ergonomics that fit you, etc.

Participant

I have both a LC9s Pro and a G43 with a tlr-6. I like and carry both. My friend has an XDS and even though I like shooting full size XD’s I just wasn’t a fan of the XDS.

I do carry the LC9 probably more riding in Desantis Nemasis pocket holster.

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Quote by: BROWNING

Trying to o decide on a carry gun, going between the Glock 43 single stack, ruger lc9, or a Springfield xds. They all feel good in the hand. Pros cons from experience with any of these.

All three are good guns, go with what feels good in your hands. if you go with the lc9, get the lc9s version, much better trigger.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Participant

I love my XDS. It fits me well and has more capacity (1) than a G43. I also like the double safeties on the XD line because then 2 things would have to go wrong to have an accident. I bought the Pearce grip extensions and it feels even better in my hand without really adding to printing through clothing. They are worth the $10.

Participant

Gun? What gun? Oh yeah I am carrying my XDS ain’t I? I always forget it’s there!

The argument used to be it’s better to have a 9mm on your hip than a .45 on the nightstand. Oops there goes that arguement.

Love the XDS!!

Participant

I carry the XDS 3.3″ and really like the gun.

WapelloMarkWapelloMark
    Participant

I favor a revolver, 357 mag, 6 rounds, no fail, will never jam, easy to clean, can be operated with one hand. It takes quite a bit of hand strength and dexterity to manipulate a slide in a jam, especially when time is of the essence, I always recommend the 38 Special to ladies and folks with ambulatory issues. Imo, Taurus 38 Ultra Lite is the best bang for the buck.

Participant

Quote by: WapelloMark

I favor a revolver, 357 mag, 6 rounds, no fail, will never jam, easy to clean, can be operated with one hand. It takes quite a bit of hand strength and dexterity to manipulate a slide in a jam, especially when time is of the essence, I always recommend the 38 Special to ladies and folks with ambulatory issues. Imo, Taurus 38 Ultra Lite is the best bang for the buck.

For another $100 I would splurge for a S&W over a Taurus 85 any day of the week.

WhipWhip
    Participant

I carry a Glock 27 or a Glock 19. Both function flawlessly. Glocks just shoot and shoot and shoot.

Whip

oldstylelightoldstylelight
    Participant

I’m a newbie to this, but just got a s&w shield, 9mm. Comfy to shoot and on the hip, shoots easy and in my beginners experience with handguns, I felt dang accurate. Cant wait to go shoot some more.

Participant

As has been mentioned, you can’t go wrong with any of the three. Seems it would be more a matter of personal preference. If you are open to other options there are quite a few very nice compact 1911’s on the market from Kimber, Colt, and Springfield just to name a few.

Participant

Anything you can unload into the bullseye at 5 yards should be good. Shoot it a lot though. You want to know it will go bang when you need it.

3.5 tens3.5 tens
    Participant

Quote by: BROWNING

Can’t go wrong with any—I have shot all and own a few Glocks, (also revolver Ruger LCR .357)–as most say, what fits YOU and what YOU hit with when YOU pull the trigger, HAPPY SHOOTING 😀

"I have always had a soft spot in my heart for marshes. They challenge me to come and look. Their capacity for mothering wild life is far greater than the drier uplands, no matter how beautiful they may be. It seems to me that no man is closer to the beginning of things and the eternal motherhood of the outdoors than when he is familiar with a marsh."

Participant

Can’t go wrong with glock 42 (380) or 43 (9mm) great cc guns

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.